• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Does anybody have experience of these parts?

After an absurdly long search, I have finally found somewhere nearby that will adjust camber and toe on my car. I was almost resigned to driving two and a half hours to either aberdeen or fife, but got luck this morning with my last ditch attempt!

Soooo, time for some toys!

I know tegiwa don't have the best reputation around these parts, and I'm a bit confused by some of the descriptions. BUT they are doing a forum discount, and I'm skint.

I'd apperciate peoples thoughts on these: http://www.tegiwaimports.com/eibach-sportline-kit-lowering-springs-civic-type-r-01-06-ep3-3770/ Are these the same as the -30mm ABP Eibachs?
Or is this what I want http://www.tegiwaimports.com/eibach-pro-kit-lowering-springs-civic-type-r-01-06-ep3-3767/

Also, are these likely to be rubbish? http://www.tegiwaimports.com/bwr-rear-camber-arms-adjusters-kit-civic-ep3-01-06-3657/

Any better options for FRSU on a budget? I have £500 at a stretch, not a penny more.

The Sportlines drop 30mm whereas the Pro kit only drop 15mm. Both are good, just depends how low you want to go. You can get all the Eibach (generally considered the best) bits for a FRSU for less than £300 if you keep an eye on the classifieds. That's what I've done.

Yep, that's what I thought, tegiwa were claiming -30 on the pro and -45 on the sportlines! I'd rather buy new if possible.Spc camber arms are crazy expensive!

That might be the drop on an EP2 or something. Not the first time Tegiwa have got something wrong. I got a BNIB set for £120, currently sat under my bed until I get it all put on. Nice having a bed that handles like it's on rails.

The Sportline springs are advertised as, "Race-Car like handling," whereas the the Pro-Kit advertise, "Top-Performance Handling," and, "Excellent ride quality."

http://performance-suspension.eibach.de/en

A majority of people go with the Pro-kit in all honesty, best compromise for road use.

Nice having a bed that handles like it's on rails.

LOL! I hope the Mrs appreciates the increased traction and reduction of body roll!

I like the idea of -30mm. Nows the time while I'm young and unattatched, any anyway, in my head it's already a race car. I really just needed clarification due to the misleading description.

Any thoughts on the camber arms in the link? Or buddyclubs?

Honestly no idea. Saw Eibachs were the ones to get and saw a set going cheap. Straight in there.

Well I've ordered the Eibach sportlines, camber arms and bolts. Somebody else has said that the sportlines do drop -45 on the front. I'll measure before and after and see what it actually does.

-45 is chuffing low....

Sun used to have his dropped by about 65mm. You're not low until you need planks of wood down to get out of the garage.

Sun used to have his dropped by about 65mm. You're not low until you need planks of wood down to get out of the garage.

Hey, you're not low enough until you have to use planks of wood to be able to get the scissor jack under your car to lift it up to be able to then use the trolley jack. :smug mode.gif:

The splitter on my Fez used to reach the middle of my iPhone. I was dropped about 90-95mm :lol:

Lol, I feel feeble and emasculated now.

Was it actually possible to use that as a daily?

Yeah it was mate, actually had less issues with it when the 15's were on than when I ran the OEM 17's. luckily we don't have many speed bumps round here but I did have to be careful coming into the driveway as it has some weird camber to it so the splitter would scrap if I came into it to deep.

Good stuff, that's reassuring to hear. Very few speedbumps around here too, but there are some gnarly potholes around. Does anybody have experience changing springs? I don't, but I fancy giving it a go and saving some pounds. The only thing I know is to respect the hell out of the energy contained in a compressed spring...

If you're going to DIY it, get some spring clamps from eBay. Bolt the things down real well as they will do a decent job of rearranging your face or bodywork if you let them fly. I've only done ones on the Fez, but it's a pretty simple task, just take your time over each step. Look for a guide on one of the forums and read through it a couple of times first. Oh also, use plenty of WD40 on them bolts, or you'll be snapping them easily.

That's the one mod I won't do myself. For the sake of a few quid, I'd pay to get it done. Besides you'd need to go get a Fast road setup done anyway.

I've looked at a few vids and tutorials, it seems simple enough. Basic spring compressors go for £20-30, and that's a whole heap cheaper than 2-3 hours labour.

I'm going to go take my wheels off and have a good snoop around. The wheels need a good clean anyway.

I know it needs to be aligned afterwards, the local garage is quoting me 3-4 hours at £55ph just for that! So thrifty mode is being activated.

As long as you take your time it's really not that difficult. I'm an absolute mong with a spanner and I managed it easily. Hell I even put all my coilovers in and set them up etc. Like I say, watch videos, read tutorials and be patient and methodical and you'll get it done. Use axle stands and a good jack and just make 100% sure on all the safety side of it.

Back