• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Does this sound like a typical heat shield noise?

Griffin

Banned for being a tit
[video=youtube;CKPDpgWoolM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKPDpgWoolM[/video]

Sent from my iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a little rasp/rattle from the driveshaft heatshield if you ask me.

My EP3 had a similar sound, would make it at around 3000rpm. I was going to have it removed or tightened up but in the end it just stopped.

With the super cold weather we've been having of late it may have disturbed the HS. Take it to Kwick Fit or something and have it looked at, won't cost you anything :) .

I can clearly hear them seaguls too :lol: .

Cheers suits. I didn't notice the seagulls when recording :lol:

Yes it has just started so probably the cold causing it. I will probably whip em off if it gets any worse or doesn't stop. :)

Shame Suits made a reference to them gulls :lol: is that fag ash on your door? lol.

If you have a jack do it yourself, just like the clutch fluid change special :lol:

If Kwik Fit have a look for nothing then I agree with Suits (good shout).

Shame Suits made a reference to them gulls :lol: is that fag ash on your door? lol.

If you have a jack do it yourself, just like the clutch fluid change special :lol:

If Kwik Fit have a look for nothing then I agree with Suits (good shout).

yeah there's fag ash on the door and McDonald wrappers in the foot well, i haven't washed it in 3 weeks and with all the salt and shiz on the road it looks pretty grim.

the photo actually does the dirt justice, it's so much worse in real life.

2815b5ef.jpg

that clutch episode that was a day in hell has left me mentally scar'd about what jobs i should tackle myself in a 'full steam ahead' fashion.

oh my god, i have just noticed your signature strip :lol: :lol: :lol: that's made my day :D :D :D

it must be the christmas cheer but i've been so cheery lately :)

oh my god, i have just noticed your signature strip :lol: :lol: :lol: that's made my day :D :D :D

it must be the christmas cheer but i've been so cheery lately :)

I was actually trying to guess on how long it would take for you to notice lol. I like to race them if I post after you :lol:

Good to see you're happy mate, as per Suits though, special flowers are bound to cheer most people up lol.

Isn't Fluvoxamine for OCD or similar?

Fluvoxamine is a antidepressant. It was a stupid joke that sort of backfired. Weird how I know names to medications :lol:

I like your racing motive. I don't cotton on too well :lol:

Now if you said Fluoxetine I would have known :lol: so yeah sort of wasted on me. Suits probably got it though.
I bet when you saw it you thought it was your own sig lol.

Lol, I did. It wasn't until I was stairing at the screen thinking of what to type then It cought my eye lol.

mine makes a similar noise at 3000 rpm too. I suspected heatshield too!

I hear they are easy to remove so I'm gona whip em off when the temp picks up a bit.

I have left it a few days now and the rasp hasn't faded with the warmer days just passed.

Back