• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dont want to be slammed anymore!!

I have been meaning to do this for ages and now I have a camber alignment tool I can now do it, my ep3 had a set of coilovers fitted when I bought it and I'm sure they are at the lowest setting as my 2.5" b-pipe catches on everything and my god it's annoying. So I like the 30-35mm drop some good make springs give you. All I need to know is some measurements from wherever is easiest for people and just let me know where you measured from so I can try and get the same. I still have the original ep3 17's

Thanks

From the jacking points to the floor is a good point to measure. Just have a play about with the heights. 5mm more clearance on the rear gives a good amount of rake without being too obvious aesthetically.

Most EP's tend to catch the centre. When i first fitted my BC Spec iv i wasn't lowered at the time and it used to clip allsorts.

Yeah it's mainly the fact that I can't go up on to pavements front ways because my bumper is in the middle of the curb so I have to mess about reverse parking everywhere and when I go over speed bumps it grinds the whole sides of the sills and exhaust it just ruins that. So it needs raising a few mm to try and help it if anything else. That why I thought if I set it to something like what 30me springs drop it to then it's got to be better. It's just I don't know what the standard ride height was otherwise I could probably worked it out myself.

I've always measured from the floor to the middle of the wheel arch.
Mines lowered around 20-30mm compared to standard. From memory the height is around 215-220mm front and 225-230mm rear.

Back