• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

drivers door cover knocking?

Evening all, lately i have been hearing an annoying rattle knocking noise which appears to sounds like its coming from the drivers door inside, basically the plastic door interior, has anyone else had this problem? Also the very top of the drivers window has a similar npise and also a breeze sound as if the wind is coming through somehow, thanks in advance!

I get this in mine if I wind the window down a bit it makes a noise because the window it's self is moving slightly, I was thinking could it be seals around the window?

Or man i always forget about this, i wish they were quicker with helpfull answers than this whole txt speak carry on

The door cards come off really easily bud. Couple of screws around the pocket and handle area, pop off the body studs around the bottom and release the cables for the windows etc. under them you'll find a plastic liner, like a bin bag, take this away carefully and you'll see the inside of the door. Best thing to check is speaker pods, cable pulls for the door lock, all the screws are tight etc. If you find the cards hard to get back on, you can take off the mirror covers as they just pull with a bit of force. I used some foam draught excluder tape to give my cards a bit more padding, just layered it around the edges to bulk it out slightly. Also the wind noise you mention is pretty generic with civics, I remember both of mine making a wind rushing noise at speed, got a feeling it comes from the area just behind the drivers door.

No worries bud, I know creaks and rattles drive me insane. Let us know how you get on. ;)

I think it did in my Milano, basically the weather strips at the bottom of the window become loose and the rubber strips around the window shrink with age. You can remove those at the same time as the door cards and just give them a clean and put some new life back into them. They will need replacing after a while though unfortunately. They can start to leak water, so when the door cards come off, if you notice any water in the doors don't panic too much. My DC5 had a load in the door until recently when I sorted it out. :lol:

Did your window evet rattle while it was like half open mate? Sometimes mine rattles like hell! :(
Yeah mine rattles like mad it is annoying but at the moment I can live with it, thought it might have been the seals around the window, good info by NYA in time I'll try this.

Back