• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Drivers side door not staying open when wanted.

Li'

Ok, im hoping this is the right section for my thread . . . Apologies if not!
Was wondering if somebody could help point me in the right direction as my drivers side door does not stay/hold open when needed to. I.e. when im climnbing out, or vaccing the car out it swings shut again and hits the first thing in the way, wether it be my bottom or the vacuum!
Could some kind person tell me if there is anything i can do to solve the problem?

CAT D when ahmed was swapping the door over from a rear ender shunt in his back street garage he didn't fit the hinge properly. it should be staggered so it can stop at various points. that bit's probably missing or whatever. so you got to take the door card off and then maybe the door off to investigate that one. pain in the ass really.

a72.jpg

I think rossy means the check strap?

If it is loose and flapping about or missing the door will just swing freely on the hinges. If if looks OK from the bit you can see, as rossy said, door car off and check it is connected at the other end. It might just have come off, or broken the bracket or be missing altogether.

Oh dear, thought it was going to be a simple "tighten something" job haha, i'll have a nosey! Thanks very much guys.

Back