• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Driveshaft heatshield cost

Riflez

$ Forum Pikey $
Anyone know how much this will cost me to have replaced, It was never an issue in warranty but it's gone beserk now and the rattle is embarrassing

Tom at TGM took mine off and said it doesn't make a difference on or off. That was about 6 months ago and its been fine with it off

ahh for testing purposes that would work well to make sure 100% thats where its coming from...im 99% sure though lol

I'm all for the throw it away option. Same as the daft headlight adjuster coffee grinder problem. Started groaning, set it to 0 setting and pulled the multiplug.

No more problem!

In the case of the heatshield, you should be able to reduce your acceleration times too, by about .0000000000000001 second.;)

I vibrates because it has a washer fitted to one "half" of the heatshield which is "padded" out with some type of fibrous material, that wears and starts to fall apart, if you wedge a piece of rubber between the two halves of the heatshield and do the bolt up again = no more vibration. This takes about 10 mins under the car if that. Better than paying the stealer anything.

Back