• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Driving... Shocks / Bushes... Advice Please?

Hey Guys,

I have a Type R EP3 2005 plate and I notice that when I go over pretty bigish bumps at a reasonable speed I find that it feels a bit weak / loose between the wheels and the steering wheel. It may be me just being strange or something but is there anything that can sort this out like stiffen it up or whatever?

I have recently had a Complete Honda Service with my local Honda Dealer (like to get the FSH) and nothing is wrong with that side of the car. I was just wanting to know if there was a mod/ upgrade I could do to the car to give it a more soild ride in that department?

Any advice here would be great! Also I was thinking of getting Skunk 2 Coilovers on it to lower it a bit anyone advise against this?

Thank you.

JubeiTigeruk

If you're thinking coilovers, this would replace the notorious top mount problem, so that could rid a few knocks on top.

Other relate ep3 problems;
steering rack
arb links perishing
'knocking' from the heat shield, although this is a rattle.

steering rack slider and tie rod ends could probably do with changing, also check cv joints and wheel bearings.

Back