• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Dumb question alert.. Factory shock absorbers

So been for mot today and have a failing front shock, I feel this is something I should know but I guess without asking I still won't.... Who makes the factory fitted shocks for pre face lift TR?! And of course... Are these the best to replace with. I will do the pair, before anyone says... I don't really want to swap for coilovers. I have eibach springs & camber arms etc and has been set up properly and (as I'm sure you all know) it handles fantastically...

I'm not 100% on the EP3 but FN2s etc are Sachs. The only place you'll get them to spec is in Honda genuine parts though regardless.

I know Euro Car Parts did do some OEM equivalents but what the quality is like I couldn't tell you.

KYB do shocks for the EP3. I had 2 pairs in the 6 years I had mine. 1st set, great. 2nd set, just OK. Think they were 75 a side. I bought KYB top mounts and they were absolute garbage.

Bilstein also do front shocks and I believe they are decent. As for top mounts, maybe just go to Honda mate.

I used the sachs oem ones from eurocarparts. Had to send it back 3 times, not sure if it was a bad batch but everytime they tested it they refunded me.

Ended up getting bilstein shocks and they were better.

This is what I've done for a temp fix, fingers crossed but found a real (seems like) good chap that breaks them for a living. Currently buying s house so for now trying to keep the cost down but will buy some new ones when I gave more time and money to research. Thanks for all your answers though, will keep looking to see what's best.

Hi, i have come across this thread a little late, but thought i would share my experience. My CTR is 04 reg and i replaced the original suspension to eibach springs and bilstein shocks due to rust and corrosion. The ride was to soft and handling was awful, loads of understeer. It just wasn't a CTR anymore. I did take note the original shocks and springs were market Showa. For those that don't know "Showa" make suspension for motorcycles, you will see that name on loads of race bikes. After doing a little research watching documentaries and so on i then knew these guys along with Honda knew what they were doing when they put the CTR's together. I didn't want to go to coilovers either. It was a little expensive but i ordered the OEM dampers and springs by Honda. The handling is awesome.

Back