• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Dyno Locations?

Putting a DC Sports Cat Back System (Thanks to Scousefella) and a Magnex De Cat on my CTR and i will require it to be mapped.

Does Anyone know a good Dyno tuner in the lancashire area?:roll:

andy182 said:
Putting a DC Sports Cat Back System (Thanks to Scousefella) and a Magnex De Cat on my CTR and i will require it to be mapped.

Does Anyone know a good Dyno tuner in the lancashire area?:roll:

You can always drop down the M6 to Warrington Andy - Paul @ System R will accomodate you. :D

If you already have KPRO then I'd go to TDI North for any adjustments tbh mate.

If not I'd say TDI North or Abbey Motorsport.

Don't think either are that close to you though.

HTH's

SpaceMonkey said:
If you already have KPRO then I'd go to TDI North for any adjustments tbh mate.

If not I'd say TDI North or Abbey Motorsport.

Don't think either are that close to you though.

HTH's

TDi isn't far from Preston and that would almost certainly be his best bet :)

No

the standard ecu cannot be remapped as such so you will need to buy kpro (£738) plus tuning time on top (£85 p.h.)

sorry for pi55ing on your chips!

Ah so its best just to put the decat and exhaust on and then save for an ECU and remap!

Will i get any gains from putting in the decat and exhaust without the ECU upgarde?

andy182 said:
Ah so its best just to put the decat and exhaust on and then save for an ECU and remap!

Will i get any gains from putting in the decat and exhaust without the ECU upgarde?

A little...... not noticeable imo

your car will be running a little lean though

Is there anyway of setting it up to run the right mixture without changing the ECU? :?:

Don't like the thought of it running lean! :|

What else have you got breathing wise? There's plenty of people who happily run a Cat back system and CAI without adding a Hondata.
If you also have a Manifold/decat then it'd be KPRO time as a neccesity really.

Hondata also do a reflash on your ECO and K100 which are cheaper than the UK KPRO, which in turn is cheaper than the US KPRO.

IMO, you're best going straight for a KPRO (UK) if you're paying for your ECU to be meddled with. It's worth the brass in the long haul.

I will have a BMC Filter, Magnex Decat and a DC Sports Exhaust.

To Run That will need a KPRO or can i stay with the Honda ECU?

Help Please?

You can stay with the Honda ECU. Its just you will make the most out of the mods if you get them mapped with hondata., not cheap though. it will just run a little lean.

Thanks for all of your help!

Think i will put all the Mods on then save for the KPRO!!!

Just one question tho! Will it cause any problems with my CTR if it runs lean?

Harv says yes. I'm not sure I'd be prepared to guarantee a 'yes'.

Ask Paul at System-R/TDi North when your there if it's really 100% worry free to run it like that.

Back