• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ebay brakes ?

Hi ! I have a type r ep3 2005.
And I need som new discs and pads for the car.
I have seen some kits with grooved discs and yellowstuff pads.
Is this any good ?? or what brakes should i get?
My standard discs and pads is nothing left off.
Honda dealer is very very expensive . 3 times as much as this ebay kits.
And I live in Sweden and here it´s not easy to get hondaparts beside honda oem dealer.

/ Dennis - ps I have search for ebay disc thread here but can´t find anything!

I've had some shocking discs from ebay for an old BMW I had. They warped badly on the first drive & had to be replaced.

I have since bought branded discs from ebay (for the EP3) which were absolutely fine. They were Brembo grooved only discs.

Also EBC yellowstuff are not generally held in high regard on here. Most prefer the Ferodo DS2500, although there are some who do not like those either.

If there's one system on your car you don't want to skimp on and buy cheap, it's brakes.

I've had some shocking discs from ebay for an old BMW I had. They warped badly on the first drive & had to be replaced.

I have since bought branded discs from ebay (for the EP3) which were absolutely fine. They were Brembo grooved only discs.

Also EBC yellowstuff are not generally held in high regard on here. Most prefer the Ferodo DS2500, although there are some who do not like those either.

If there's one system on your car you don't want to skimp on and buy cheap, it's brakes.

Ok! Well i need brakes that work from minus 25 degree and could take some more aggresive driving. Im planing for some track use in the summer . Not some extrem trackday either.

The disc im interested in are from brakedepot in uk. I think they are uk made also.

Has anybody tried mintex pads ? standard vs m1144 ??

I had redstuff on my old ctr and they were brilliant.
Im buying the brake depot kit for my new one when i get back from holiday
40 grooved disks and yellowstuff.

I had a mintex setup on a fiesta sz pumad and they were pants!

I also would advise on braided lines. Well worth it.
I just got a brake stopper and that makes the pedal feels better also

DS2500 pads and Honda OEM discs on the front.

Anything (within reason) on the back - they do chuff all in terms of braking.

Job done.

Stuck to this for 7 years, not gone wrong thus far.

I recently bought drilled and grooved discs with mintex pads off ebay front and rear ( front £80, rear £70.) 300 miles in and i would say go for it. No fade, car stops as it should and its even stopped the "creaking" associated with pulling the handbrake and moving to vacate the car, (3 previous ep3s ALL did it !) no complaints at all with these brakes, and believe me i ride hard at times! Go for these if u are on a budget and u will not go wrong

Sent from my mudhut via smoke signals

As for removing your old discs... The retaining screws... As you look at the disc, make sure both (if there is 2 on each) make sure they are vertical, straight up and down. Now take your hammer, and smash the heck out the top of your old disc 6 or 7 times til the disc cracks. The bottom screw will turn with no force. Rotate disc and repeat! Simples. No drilling required

I bought my discs and pads from Ebay, Brembo slotted discs with generic Brembo pads, they work just fine. As long as you buy genuine items from a good brand you won't go far wrong.

^^This. Spend the money.

Depending on what you expect/need from your brake set up, mtec are a company who sell on eBay, it's about £150 delivered for drilled and grooved discs all round and mintex pads. I had these on my car for about 7-8k and they seemed fine for road use, would fade eventually but for the money couldn't complain.

More power and track days made me fork out more eventually lol :)

The brembo disc/ mintex pads have no issues as yet and im still climbing the miles on em. Would use again but im thinking of brembo pads when these are done, gauge a difference between the 2

I'm thinking bout buying mtec discs all round ebc yellow stuff pads for rear and front will be ferodo 2500 might be hitting tracks so rather be safe.

I'm thinking bout buying mtec discs all round ebc yellow stuff pads for rear and front will be ferodo 2500 might be hitting tracks so rather be safe.

Personally i'd steer clear of ds2500s if you are planning on trackdays, i had some in the past and all i got after giving them stick was pedal vibration and heard lots of others have had the same issue. A very good road pad but nothing more

Personally i'd steer clear of ds2500s if you are planning on trackdays, i had some in the past and all i got after giving them stick was pedal vibration and heard lots of others have had the same issue. A very good road pad but nothing more
What would you recommend for track days??

What would you recommend for track days??

I cant really say on my experience as they were the only pad i used on track before swapping to stoptechs bbk. But i know others that i go with rate cosworths trackmaster pad or a more track only if you fancy swapping pads over for a trackday is carbone lorraine rc6, they do a less harsh pad what might be worth looking at called the rc5 or 5+ don't know anyone who has used that one though

DS3000s are Ferodo's more track orientated pads.

I honestly can't fault DS2500s though. I had them in my Stoptechs and those who were there at Spa who came out with me will testify that they performed fantastically.

I even had a last minute dive into the pits without a cool down during the day, much lolz with people staring at my smouldering discs. 140 down to 40 for The Bus Stop will do that. :lol:

I cant really say on my experience as they were the only pad i used on track before swapping to stoptechs bbk. But i know others that i go with rate cosworths trackmaster pad or a more track only if you fancy swapping pads over for a trackday is carbone lorraine rc6, they do a less harsh pad what might be worth looking at called the rc5 or 5+ don't know anyone who has used that one though
How much are those pads mate??

Back