• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EML on, need some advice

Hi,

Purchased a EP3 and has EML on. Seller stated that he fitted decat after k100 was fitted and paperwork confirms this.

Do i need a new map?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Purchased a EP3 and has EML on. Seller stated that he fitted decat after k100 was fitted and paperwork confirms this.

Do i need a new map?

Thanks in advance

Ideally you need a remap to account for the decat, though turning off the 2nd O2 sensor - which is likely throwing up the EML due to perceived lack of cat efficiency- is just a tick box in the Hondata config. As it's a K100 you will need a mapper to do that for you anyway so might as well get both done same time.

Might be worth getting a code reader on it anyway just to confirm, at least then you'll know of any other stored codes as well.

Ideally you need a remap to account for the decat, though turning off the 2nd O2 sensor - which is likely throwing up the EML due to perceived lack of cat efficiency- is just a tick box in the Hondata config. As it's a K100 you will need a mapper to do that for you anyway so might as well get both done same time.

Might be worth getting a code reader on it anyway just to confirm, at least then you'll know of any other stored codes as well.

Thanks for the reply.

I will find someone with a code reader and have a look at the what it brings up. Yes it has a K100 installed and mapped by TDI North. Will drop them a email.

Car is parked up and will not be used till its ready for track. Just ordered PBS pad and disc, RBF fluid, braided hoses, ARB bushes, front and back drop links and other goodies to get it ready.

Does seem a bit odd to map and then fit mods.

As above, see what else is stored too, hopefully none!

Does seem a bit odd to map and then fit mods.

As above, see what else is stored too, hopefully none!

The previous owner before him mapped it without a decat. The lad i purchased it from fitted a decat but never bothered mapping it. Why I don't know.

Back