• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine dress up

I have not messed with my engine yet, Just kept it clean. Looking through members car section and some of the engines look awesome. I would like to add some colour to my engine bay. Where is the best place to start and buy items from?:D

Just took a look under the bonnet and my induction hose has a big tear in it. Is this common and will this be losing power?

I think it is better for u to upload some pics here. so *** will see what sort of problems u r having!!

Just took a look under the bonnet and my induction hose has a big tear in it. Is this common and will this be losing power?

If you mean the big black hose that runs from the airbox to the inlet manifold, with the sort of thick lines running over it, then yes its a comman thing to split.

Not sure about tear mind.

Mine has split and still is, its on my list.

You can get replacement SFS hoses in a variety of colours. These seem to be a comman choice. I'll be getting a black one soon.

what about some mugen/spoon resevoir socks.
a jmr battery tie strap.
mugen/spoon oil and rad caps.
earthing kit.

its supposed to stabalise the earth in the engine bay by connecting the cables to the body and other parts on the engine.
not sure it does much but they look :cool:

If you mean the big black hose that runs from the airbox to the inlet manifold, with the sort of thick lines running over it, then yes its a comman thing to split.

Not sure about tear mind.

Mine has split and still is, its on my list.

You can get replacement SFS hoses in a variety of colours. These seem to be a comman choice. I'll be getting a black one soon.

So you are basically letting unfiltered, dirty and dusty air directly into your inlet manifold? Surely that can't be a good idea... :rolleyes:

So you are basically letting unfiltered, dirty and dusty air directly into your inlet manifold? Surely that can't be a good idea... :rolleyes:

Correct, if its a tear, it needs to be done.

Mine, the surface has just split, its not all the way through the pipe. Still managed to get 241 bhp with it though :lol: .

Back