• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine management light on

Hi everyone,
my engine management light came on last night and won't switch off. Car drives fine still. The only thing is that I cleaned my throttle body and iacv about 100 miles ago. Do you think it could relate to this? I'm just wondering if the TPS or something has bin disturbed? Has anyone else experienced problems after cleaning the throttle body and iacv?
cheers

It might be something unrelated like a lambda sensor, best to get it plugged in and see what code comes up.

Yeah chuck a obd2 reader on it. Cars chuck out odd codes all the time
Cheers for the replys. Just got a couple questions if you don't mind?
Is the obd2 reader specific to Honda or can you use any type?
Is it easy to use and read codes? I'm presuming you plug in under the drivers footwell port?
do you guys recommend a type / model?
sorry for all the questions.
cheers

Cheers for that. I will have to get one. Will one of the Bluetooth readers work with iPads?
Cheers

No with apple the Bluetooth is different, you need an OBDII reader with wifi, think they start around £25 on ebay.

Hi again. Just read the fault code and it has thrown up the code for primary o2 sensor. Are these easy to replace? I can see the end screwed in at the front of the cat but where does the plug the other end plug into?
cheers

You can read the code for free, no need to spend any money.

Just get a new Honda sensor.

Hi again. Just read the fault code and it has thrown up the code for primary o2 sensor. Are these easy to replace? I can see the end screwed in at the front of the cat but where does the plug the other end plug into?
cheers
Follow the wire to the plug which is towards the back of the engine but not that far from the sensor, it's easy to get to if you can get the car on a ramp.

Back