• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine noise!

hey everyone, recently my CTR seems to be making a louder engine note, it also seems to make a vibrating noise under the bonnet when at 7000rpm and above. I dont understand what could cause the engine to become louder!? Does anyone else know what it could be or anything to check for?

Any input would be great!

something loose maybe?! vibrating giving the impression of the engine getting louder? uneducated guess mate

hey everyone, recently my CTR seems to be making a louder engine note, it also seems to make a vibrating noise under the bonnet when at 7000rpm and above. I dont understand what could cause the engine to become louder!? Does anyone else know what it could be or anything to check for?

Any input would be great!

More of a description might help. Type of sound/area where it appears to be coming from rather than just 'vibrating' and 'the engine'? It's most likely going to be a heatshield of some description though.

check your heatshield mate! mine vibrates for a few seconds on start up but it could be your problem

Could be the inlet manifold cover that vibrates ive pulled mine off for now until i get time to trim it down

thanks for help guys and sorry for small description, god knows what it was but touch wood its all good!

Back