• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Engine torque damper

You can get un-branded ones on Ebay from the US for around £30.

I have a Spoon one on order (CTRO Group Buy) for £90 delivered, usually they are around £160. They are pretty much the same design as the J's Racing one.

If you really want to control the engine movement, then the ES engine mount inserts are a better (and cheaper) option.

Personally I like the J's one. And it matches up to the J's strut brace :wink: 8)

HASNIC said:
Or you can run both :D

Indeed, used to have just the J's ETD, now the ES mounts as well.

Engines solid as a rock, but you need to get used to the extra vibration and noise in the cabin

No more wheel hop though, and the DCRH and Toda cat back are still in one piece !

I got the Engine mount a while back and the vibration noise is quite bad. Especially around 4k-5k rpm, which is what you tend to be at on the motorway. At 6k the engine seems to make most of the noise and not the cabine vibrating, but then the K20 gets quite thirsty!

I fitted a Tanabe underbrace, which calm the noise down (slightly).

Does fitting an ETD help at all with the engine vibrations?

I'm thinking of getting rid of the Energy mount and using an ETD, to still get rid of the wheel hop and not have such a noisy cabine, is that a good idea?

I've heard of people using only one of the mount to get some of the rigidity, but not as much noise... anyone heard about this?

I'd like to be able to hear my engine and exhaust, not all that plastic around me buzzing away and spoiling my fun :wink:

i ran with just a front energy mount for a day till i could get the car on ramp to fit the back 1 and i could hardly notice a difference there was still alot of movement

deano_123 said:
i ran with just a front energy mount for a day till i could get the car on ramp to fit the back 1 and i could hardly notice a difference there was still alot of movement

Thanks mate that's what I thought. it's both or nothing I guess... one is just useless

I ran a J's ETD for nearly a year before getting both engine mounts done as well.

The wheel hop was reduced, and there was slight noise in the cabin at certain revs (not as bad as both mounts). My DCRH and Toda catback were still both in one piece, so must have helped out with the engine movement.

Back