• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 budget track car build

Hi guys,

So as some of you will remember i had a quite extensively modified CTR and sold it to move onto a S2000 which i still have.

I was randomly browsing the classifieds and came across this CTR which was cheap as chips litrally! It's a little rough round the edges and has done 110k but we drove it back home from London last night and true to the sellers word the car drove perfectly. It feels extremely tight and the engine and gearbox work flawlessly.

I've bought this with the potential of entering the vtec challenge next year.

Pictures of the civic and s2k
1DSCF2430.jpg

1DSCF2435.jpg

1DSCF2432.jpg

1DSCF2433.jpg

1DSCF2434.jpg

1DSCF2429.jpg

Old Civic
1DSCF2080.jpg

S2000
1dscf2418.jpg

Update - Suspension and Geometry changes

Hey Peeps, I took the car upto Stevie again this week.

After fitting the Caster bushes, N+ coilovers, Steering arm raiser, roll centre adjusters, rear camber adjusters, DS2500 pads etc due to the way the EP3 is designed we couldn't get the desired camber settings without having a large amount of toe in up front. We managed to gain -1.8 camber for now with slight toe in up front. The car felt extremely numb with this setup and didn't want to turn in nor have any good mid corner speed.

I knew after the visit anyway like with my previous EP3 i'd need shorter steering arms so i decided to get this sorted and visit eightspeed again the following week.

Yesterday i headed up to eightspeed again to have some more parts fitted:

Shorter steering arms, New track rod ends, braided lines, AP Racing 5.1 brake fluid, aircon removal, new geometry.

everything went on ok, i predict the aircon as a whole weighs about 25KG so a good loss of weight in total.

The biggest difference was the geometry change.

Specs now are:

Front / -2.6 camber , 0.7mm toe out per side, Castor 2 degrees
Rear / -1.7 camber, 0 toe
Overall 15% rake

The car now handles fantastically, turn in and mid corner is great. The car rotates on the turn in and then plants it's self through the bend. On the exit i can feel slightly the need for a LSD but overall this can be negated by easing on the throttle.

I dropped the car off for a respray today so will have it back in around 8 - 9 days. Car is going Laguna seca blue, black roof, mugen spoiler with black adjustable fin, mugen grill, inside also being sprayed laguna seca blue. Evo wheels are going gloss black, not sure what colour to do the other set yet which will be fitted with wet weather tyres.

Also have some 15mm front spacers to widen the front track, Chevrolet Cruize touring car quick release boss and OMP targa wheel.

Few pictures of the car after yesterday:

photo-45.jpg

Warren pulling a funny face as usual :lol:

photo-46.jpg

Aircon stuff removed, Minus the pump (not pictured)

photo-47.jpg

The car (dirrtttayyy)

photo-42.jpg

photo-43.jpg

photo-44.jpg

Please note the dust from the drive makes the wheels look huge and how i'm sat makes the back look high :(. I'll take some proper pictures once it's blue next week! :D

Looks good mate.
Shame you sold the hard top on the S2 before I had chance to buy it. Oh well. Are you keeping the S2 also?

I wish i had the budget to do HALF of them stuff in the oner.

Great work btw, looking forward to after its done blue :D.

Back