• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 centre console - Any aftermarket options?

The only thing I am not keen on in my EP3 is the silver centre console and gearstick surround. I think it would look great in black. Does anyone manufacture a replacement black one or are there any other options to have it in black rather than the standard silver?

Door handle inserts I think would also look better in black.

There was somebody on CTRO who offered a wrapping service for the Centre Console and handle inserts. Not sure who though.

You have to drive around without the centre console in place though for a week.

Or he send you a finished console then you would need to pay like a deposit then once he has received your centre console then he will refund the deposit back.

He might be doing an exchange service now, I bumped into a chap in St.Helens and he had removed his console to send away. Was a while ago.

I was thinking about painting mine black, but im now considering doing a sticker bomb console using black red and white stickers only.

I got one from a guy on ebay think he said he was on one of the forums, i got a carbon wrap swapped it with my dash think it works out 40 quid plus u give him your old one.

About a year down the line i wanted a change was going to go red but shat it and went black same idea with swap etc just tell him what you want.

Not in to the black at all. all the dust shows up and its recently started to bubble am actually going to email him get it changed or somthing dont know what to get.

heres the guy on ebay http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/carbonwrapuk/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 1 from a guy on ebay think he said he was on 1 of the forums, i got a carbon wrap swapped it with my dash think it works out 40 quid plus u give him your old 1.

About a year down the line i wanted a change was going to go red but shat it and went black same idea with swap etc just tell him what u want.

Not in to the black at all. all the dust shows up and its recently started to bubble am actually going to email him get it changed or somthing dont know what to get.

heres the guy on ebay http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/carbonwrapuk/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Please mind the text speak.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?69042-View-on-Text-Speak

I plan on doing all my interior plastic pearl white, as the handle inserts are muffed and my gearknob is white, so should look pretty tidy when done

I've always thought a textured carbon fibre effect in silver would look quite nice, very close to oem, but with a slight personal touch

Sorry to hijack this thread again, but i ordered one of the carbon wrapped centre consoles from the guy on Ebay. I still have a number of stickers lying around and was considering stickerbombing the door handle inserts and the instrument/speedo cluster surround, would this look gash with the carbon effect centre console? Or should i just wrap carbon everything?

Sorry to hijack this thread again, but i ordered one of the carbon wrapped centre consoles from the guy on Ebay. I still have a number of stickers lying around and was considering stickerbombing the door handle inserts and the instrument/speedo cluster surround, would this look gash with the carbon effect centre console? Or should i just wrap carbon everything?

Might as well wrapp the rest, as putting a different style would look awful. IMO

Thats what i thought, need to find something else to sticker bomb as ive got a book lying at home, possibly my push bike, my xbox, next doors cat, etc.
I'll update my "Wanted" thread as i will now need a new head unit as the silver one will look a bit w**k with the carbon effect console.

haven't had a civic for a hundred years but i dimly recall that the type s, or standard civic of that era had a black centre dash. rather than **** about like a 17 year old with carbon wraps and cack home painted dashboards see if you can get a dash from one of those models from a breakers.

apologies in advance if that is incorrect.

Back