• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Civic 30th Anniversary Edition - Professional Detail/New Pics 02/03

Hi all, thought i’d put up a few pics of my Milano Red 30th Anniversary edition EP3 Civic Type-R just to share the work so far! :wink:

I’ve only had the car a couple of months, but in this time I think i’ve achieved quite a lot and am really pleased how it’s come up. When I purchased it, I could see there was a good car underneath and it had a Spoon exhaust, coilovers and an AEM air-intake kit as little extras BUT..... despite the reasonable asking price to be fair, it was dirty, needed a thorough polish, full valet inside and a good service........ at 91k, the 75k big service hadn’t been done!! :picardfp:

The following pictures were taken about half an hour after I bought it, ahead of the 3+ hour drive home;

P1000363.jpg

P1000361-1.jpg

P1000360.jpg

P1000364.jpg

P1000365.jpg

P1000366.jpg

First job a couple of days later.......... a jolly good clean!!

P1000391.jpg

Next up was the dash. It had been carbon wrapped with the door handles and heater control knobs. These look ok but the centre console just wasn’t to my personal taste, so had to be changed. This is how it looked;

P1000385.jpg

P1000387.jpg

I wanted to have my Alpine stereo fitted so when at our local car audio centre having new speakers, tweeters etc fitted as well, a plan was hatched for something a bit different! They stripped off all the carbon wrap off the centre console and found what was underneath was a chipped and scratched silver console (great! :picardfp:) so the plan was to fill it, sand it all down, primer it, spray it and laquer it while also fitting and smoothing in a single din fascia adaptor

I went down to check on the car mid way and found this;

iPhone4Photo02.jpg

Then looked at the car and found this; :eek:

iPhone4Photo01.jpg

Bit of a mess but the final results were great and it looked like the single din space was factory BUT....... the part of it between the stereo and control knobs just wouldn’t settle and kept 'reacting'.... After a few attempts of sanding it down and re-doing it over a few days, it kept coming back up and looked like this;

P1000408.jpg

Different, but not perfect!

It had to stay like this for a wee while though as the car went off to have 2 days at our local Honda main dealer for the full 75k service amongst other things, where I had the new Jazz Si as my courtesy car. Superb car for what it was, but apparantly it had an iV-TEC.... but I couldn't really notice it!!

I just wasn’t happy though with the fascia on my car, so good old eBay again;

P1000414.jpg

P1000415.jpg

These were fitted and I moved onto other small things;

BEFORE

P1000418.jpg

DURING;

P1000419.jpg

........ and finally, these are the latest pics. The red wheel centres are now on and looking much better

P1000427.jpg

P1000437.jpg

P1000438.jpg

P1000465.jpg

P1000470.jpg

P1000462.jpg

P1000463.jpg

Cleaned up engine bay with brand new Honda battery and Spoon 'socks'

P1000453.jpg

These add about 5 bhp each! :rolleyes:

P1000454.jpg

Valeted and wet vac’ed interior is now really looking the part *** and i've also fitted brand new genuine Honda mats, an Armster arm rest fitted and the centre console now all sorted

The standard silver centre console parts have been fitted with an aftermarket single din fascia adaptor. Not a perfect match to the console, but i’m very happy;

P1000441.jpg

P1000443.jpg

P1000446.jpg

P1000447.jpg

P1000451.jpg

With the time of year though, it's proving VERY hard to keep the interior in this condition, so good old eBay came up with the goods again with these tailored seat covers, especially for the Recaro seats as found in the Civic/Integra models etc. The quality is better than the photo suggests tbh;

P1000645.jpg

P1000641.jpg

Overall, theres a few dings here and there and still a bit of paint fade on the passenger side as well as a fag burn on the passenger seat from the previous owner grrrrr, BUT...... it’s not bad for 91,000 miles imo :D/

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: EP3 Civic 30th Anniversary Edition - Progress!

Very nice. :smt023

Good job in cleaning it up by the looks of it.

That looks tidy :)

I'd imagine the Jazz's Vtec setup is for fuel economy rather then power, similar to the 1.8 Civic

haha yeah that's very true tbh, must say though the spec of the Jazz was really impressive for what it was with the milano red paint, nice alloys, rear tints, 4 electric windows, electric folding mirrors, climate control bla bla, can't even remember it all now!

Car looks great, Nice work!

The arm rest is just what i need!

Can you purchase these or was this a standard fit item? i new to CTR's and not sure what is oem or not, trying to keep mine oem/oem+

Cheers again for the comments :smt023

The Civic doesn't come with an Armrest but i really missed having one from other cars so this was pretty much the first thing done.... it's an 'Armster' that I got from eBay but it's a proper make etc with a tailored base specific to the EP3 so the fit is superb and the quality is excellent, is multi-adjustable and lifts up for an inner lined compartment. It was £90 but you get what you pay for as they say!

I think that's a reasonable price! Looks great, will have to take a look at getting one!

Straight forward to fit?

Thanks

Nice car. allways wanted an armrest in mine didn't think you got them...is it just a few screws and thats it in? think i will buy one.

good to see another 30th EP3. looks like a tidy car.

did you not haver the red mats with yours?

I don't think they are the best sweats I've ever used but they are great for long trips compared to proper bucketed seats. they do look epic though!

EP3 Civic 30th Anniversary Edition - Progress!

Very nice. I had one of the 100 black ones three years ago.

P1010383.jpg

I have only been in my pre face. Are they not the same with just the one seatbelt hole?

I must be honest and say the armrest was fitted when my stereo system was put in, but it was a very simple job i'm told and I would have had a go myself, you get the tailored base that goes over the top of the rear cup holder in the centre console near the handbrake and then the arm rest attaches on top. The arm rest is the same whatever car, however the base is tailored as mentioned and is a perfect fit........... it's a complete set with the bag of black screws and full instructions etc and the estimated fitting time was about 15 mins i remember reading on the listing! :smt023

In regards to the mats, the car had a tailored but cheap non genuine Type-R logo'd set in when purchased that had red/faded to pink trim around the edge........ these can be seen the photos when i first got it so had to spend the money on the genuine Honda ones :D ............ red carpets yes though, as part of the 30th Anni! ;)

That's one of my favourite parts of my one. The matts are bad ass!

Back