• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 EP3/DC5/FN2 to FD2, who has converted?

I am browsing the internet looking at cars as you do, and also as some of you know I don't get bored with changing cars once in a while and the FD2 could well be a possibility in the future..

I know of a few people that have changed up but just wanted to hear some opinions of this move :cool:

I have only ever been a passenger in the FD2 and from memory it seemed a capable car, it also benefits from having four doors which could be useful if I ever planned on breeding.

I have had a read on FD2-owners to and gained some insight but just wondering if anyone could shed any light;

Any thoughts? tips on what to look for? I know that certain things are an extra, such as the decals on the side of the car FFS!

Also as they are imports I am led to believe an alarm is not included although things like this are normally rectified for the SVA test.

As you know I was contemplating one of these before I got the FN2.

Only the fact that I had 1 year NCB, exchange rate and lack of warranty put me off. That being said I was thinking about a fresh import from Litchfield or the like so I got some warranty. The thought of spending £18k+ with no warranty scared the hell out of me! :rolleyes:

I can remember a conversation between me and you in Starbucks Stu, must be over a year ago now, where I was trying my hardest to convince you about this.....

rr8.jpg

Which 200bhp Cars had for sale.

I can remember a conversation between me and you in Starbucks Stu, must be over a year ago now, where I was trying my hardest to convince you about this.....

rr8.jpg

Which 200bhp Cars had for sale.

IMO that car looks awesome, if i had to get one of the new type r's it would have to be a FD2, just can't stand the back end of the FN2

IMO that car looks awesome, if i had to get one of the new type r's it would have to be a FD2, just can't stand the back end of the FN2

^^^

Thats the Mugen RR mate, which is about £10k more than a OEM one.

Serious piece of kit.

^^^

Thats the Mugen RR mate, which is about £10k more than a OEM one.

Serious piece of kit.

:D

Yes I remember, it was when we were getting the bits of the CTR at Basingstoke. I would not pay over £20k for a Civic :eek:

The exchange rate is still beaked, so it would be one that is currently imported (Edy!!) - they go from anything between £16500-18500 (ish)

The exchange rate is still beaked, so it would be one that is currently imported (Edy!!) - they go from anything between £16500-18500 (ish)

Only just seen this Stuart :lol:

To answer your question about moving from certain Type Rs to FD2, my previous was a Jdm DC2 98 spec R & was no sloutch, & hailed as the best front wheel drive around by many reviews..I wasn't disappointed to jump in the FD2..everything I expected from the responsive throttle control & sooo direct steering & handling, the FD2 feels great on the road, No it feels amazing on the road :eek:

Working for Honda too, I have driven EP3s, DC5s & FN2s none of the listed are like the FD2..only car that came within kissing distance was the DC2 as it was a true drivers car just like the FD2 is..

Fun & a Big smile on your face need only apply :cool:

Was wondering when any FD2 owners were going to jump in :lol:

As I have onwned the car and now sold it in some ways it makes it easier for me to comment, you are often blinkered when you own the vehicle but now it has gone I can still say it is one of the very best FWD cars on the planet. Grip, response, feedback are all exceptional.

Speaking of DC2s, I nearly bought one as a track car a few months back but even though it was a mint (& modded) example was left distinctly underwelmed compared to the FD2. The bar has been set very high.

I went from a very modded EP3 with very sorted suspension and was running 268bhp still N/A.

That car was quicker in straight line. That is about the only thing I miss. Actually, thinking about it, the fact that the rear seats don't fold down is pain.

The FD2 is fantastic. It really is all about the handling. I've got the AST suspension upgrade, but everything else is standard. It such a lovely car to drive and I've yet to see another one on the road. I think i'll likely spaff my pants if I do. It gets a lot positive comments from Joe Blogs.

Is there anything specifically you need answering?

I went from a very modded EP3 with very sorted suspension and was running 268bhp still N/A.

That car was quicker in straight line. That is about the only thing I miss. Actually, thinking about it, the fact that the rear seats don't fold down is pain.

The FD2 is fantastic. It really is all about the handling. I've got the AST suspension upgrade, but everything else is standard. It such a lovely car to drive and I've yet to see another one on the road. I think i'll likely spaff my pants if I do. It gets a lot positive comments from Joe Blogs.

Is there anything specifically you need answering?

Hi :D

Yes, what sort of mileage are you getting? Obviously it would get filled with V power being an import. Also have you ever had any problems sourcing parts for it? Are consumables fairly cheap (brake pads etc) and also what tyres are you running?

Thanks.

Oh my dayz, check out litcho's pricing for FD2's.

Each Litchfield supplied Civic Type-R will feature the following:

* Thatcham approved Category 1 Alarm system
* Official Civic Type-R car mat set
* UK Stereo, MP3 and CD Player (No stereo in the Type-R from the factory)
* Stereo Speaker upgrade package (No speakers are fitted from the factory)
* Sports chassis setup with laser alignment
* UK and Japanese owner's Manuals
* UK Service book and schedule
* Litchfield comprehensive 3 year unlimited mileage warranty
* AA Breakdown with 24hour assistance and recovery hotline
* 12 Months Road fund license
* DVLA 1st registration fee
* Number plates
* Litchfield Badge

Civic Type-R Pricing

* 2008 Civic Type-R - £22,995 OTR
* 2008 Civic Type-R Lux - £23,995 OTR
with UK Sat Nav, DVD Player, IPOD Control & Bluetooth phone kit
* 2008 Civic Type-R with AST Suspension upgrade (download pdf) - £23,995 OTR

* 2008 Civic Type-R - £22,995 OTR
* 2008 Civic Type-R Lux - £23,995 OTR
with UK Sat Nav, DVD Player, IPOD Control & Bluetooth phone kit
* 2008 Civic Type-R with AST Suspension upgrade (download pdf) - £23,995 OTR

That's a lot of monies.

You're not thinking of getting one from Litchfield are you??

Back