• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FD2 EP3/DC5/FN2 to FD2, who has converted?

That's a lot of monies.

You're not thinking of getting one from Litchfield are you??

I was when I was looking into an FD2. That 3 year warranty is mighty tempting.

I'm pretty sure Litchfield source 6-12month old ones. Those prices say 2008 but that page hasn't changed since 2009 when I last looked. They couldn't justify that when they've got a 2008 in stock for £17,995!

I bought mine from Litchfields and can honestly say they offer the most comprehensive and complete FD2 package. Iain knows these cars like the back of his hand which was good to know when you were buying one of the first ones in the country!
You can't argue with a full 3 year warranty either.

Those were their new prices and due to the poor exchange rate I think they are only selling used ones atm - I think they have just failed to update the site.

Brake pads are no probs, most owners source their own when it comes to replacement, brembo & Dixcels are the most obvious choice. Tyres are the great debate - lots of options available but just not the stock (& fantastic) RE070s. Honda dealers can source just about any part, the VIN numbers are registered on their systems so no issue on day-to-day stuff there.

If you look at one it's worth checking the fog light position and wiring, lots of combos available but just make sure it is integrated well.

Hi :D

Yes, what sort of mileage are you getting? Obviously it would get filled with V power being an import. Also have you ever had any problems sourcing parts for it? Are consumables fairly cheap (brake pads etc) and also what tyres are you running?

Thanks.

Hi,

I've no idea what mileage I get, it's not something I work out.

I've not had to source any parts except some dexcel rear pads, next day delivery.

I'm running Michelin Pilot Sports. These came with the car and are recommended if you've got the AST suspension upgrade which mine has.

I bought mine from Litchfields. It's the actual one that appeared on fifth gear, EVO mag and Auto Car and Jap Performance.

The previous owner kept copies of the magazines in a file along with RR readout etc.

Seriously, as the owner of nine Honda's in the last 11 years, it's the best Honda I've owned. A major part is the sheer exclusivity of it.

I test drove your car when it was new :cool:

I still have the pics!!

I'll be honest, I'm slightly more impressed that VBH test drove it... but I'll be sure to mention you in the file as well if you send me a picture. :lol:

Having owned a EP3, EK9 and DC5 I can safely say the FD2 is the best one I've owned. I know some people don't like the look of them but they look so much better in real.

Its strange for me but I don't really feel the need to modify it either. Type-R's are plenty fast enough for me so I've never gone down the re-map route, and just fitted an exhaust and intake for some noise. But for me, the standard exhaust and intake sounds spot on. Nice and quiet when commuting (my only car) but sounds lovely when having a good spirited drive. The OEM intake doesn't sound like a panel filter at all.
For the first time ever owner a car I'm sorting out the stereo first (no big subs, just sound quality)
Im not saying I wont change things after time, just saying this is by far the best out of the box car I've driven. Apart from a Gallardo but that's a different (even though the FD2 cam before it in car of the year in Evo magazine)

Practicality wise its also very good. The boot is massive and obviously having rear doors is good. Even has an arm rest and climate control so what more do you need!!
I have had an issue once at Homebase when it would of been good to fold the rear seats down. Had to drive home and get the missis EP. But its a saloon at the end of the day.

Fuel wise its not much different to any other Type-R I've owned, and I over service my cars anyway so can really comment on that.
1e525014.jpg

I don't think you can regret buying one, and I think being the last JDM Type-R they should hold their value. But for me, this is the first car cant see me selling on so depreciation is not an issue.

Good write up, thanks for sharing. I still think the DC5 is better looking though.

Good one Allen, the FD2 is that dam good..a Pure driving machine without all the bullcrap. Had an FD2 sold it, got a DC5 liked it for a couple of months and realized it had nothing on the FD2.

The FD had such a presence on the road and until you actually drive one you find near everyone is checking it out. You're behind the wheel smiling because it is that dam good ;)

Good write up, thanks for sharing. I still think the DC5 is better looking though.

I agree with you on that one. Though I think with it being newer the FD2's interior is better.

Good one Allen, the FD2 is that dam good..a Pure driving machine without all the bullcrap. Had an FD2 sold it, got a DC5 liked it for a couple of months and realized it had nothing on the FD2.

The FD had such a presence on the road and until you actually drive one you find near everyone is checking it out. You're behind the wheel smiling because it is that dam good ;)

As much as I hate to admit... Love it when people look. Can tell they're wondering what it is, especially now I've removed the badges from the rear

Had the FD2 for a couple of weeks now. Even though I have driven lots of cars I never thought I would find something better than the DC5 as a great all rounder, the FD2 has surprised me though and just beats the Teg.

There both really great cars, it's just the FD2 is just that little bit better in every way.

Lol - it grows on you

I've been looking at it since was announced mate :lol: .

Only from the side though, it looks too long and awkward.

It's hardly an ugly car mind, but I prefer the DC5 in the looks department.

It's capability is undoubted though.

Back