• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Driver's Side Rear Brake Wear?

Hi again guys, Merry Christmas to you all!!! :D.

Thought I'd get that out the way first lol now to my issue.

The driver's side rear brake pads seem to wear loads more than the other rear and fronts. I changed discs and pads, then I had an issue with the caliper sticking back last year but I replaced the caliper with a new one so I've ruled that out, however, it continues to wear a lot.

I've changed the rear pads more than the fronts which can't be right. The drivers side rear pads need changing again, the other side and the front's are fine.

In the New Year I'm going to changed discs and pads all round again but wanted to check with you guys so I could check if there is a wear problem so I could deal with that too.

Any reason why it would wear so quick???

Cheers guys.

I'd advise refurbing the sliders, clear all the old Grease out and give them a good clean and regrease. If the calipers were rebuilt recently and still rewind free they should be ok. Recently had a drama with my rears. Give the wheel a handspin test once that's done to check for restriction and check the handbrake mechanism is moving freely and not sticking on.

I have just changed mine all round and the rears were stuck solid. The Pistons are fine it's the sliders that seize up. I had this on my old one too

Cheers guys. The caliper was a brand new one not a refurb but I'll check the sliders. I was thinking about handbrake funny enough.

Even if the sliders seem ok still clean and regrease, silicone grease seems to do it but don't use copper grease I've been told. The slider that gave me issues seemed to be moving freely and I even had a mechanic go over it who said the slider was fine. Did as above and my problem vanished. Should only take about 30-45mins per side start to finish as well to refurb the sliders, if the rubber bellows have any holes in them order a kit from eBay they are £14 a side including slider pistons iirc.
Hope it fixes your problem

Cool cheers Messy. I've always used copper grease so will try the silicone. Thanks again :D.

Back