• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

I'm thinking the same with the wheel. The NRG boss and QR are the shortest combo that I have found online, so I'm expecting a dished wheel to sit about 3-4 inches closer than oem. I think I'll get just the boss and wheel to start with and see what it's like. Shame you can't move the pedals.

For the MOT I'm pretty sure they can't fail you on airbags that aren't in the car. As long as you put a resistor in where the wheel airbag should be to keep the rest of the system working, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Providing the srs light comes on during the test phase of the ignition and then goes off its fine.

Haven't updated for awhile and im back from holiday and got a few bits done. Hopefully finish this stage in a month or so.

Got some skate tape to put on the floor so heels don't fly about when its damp and the carpets stay put when its on the road

Driver side

Passenger side

I purchased a double din off ebay but unfortunately it was faulty so sent it back. Looked great though for the whole 10 minutes it was there. Main reason I wanted the Appradio was to run gauges from it.

Put original back and cant be bothered to **** about with audio at the moment.

Ordered the new shifter bushes from Tegiwa and fitted them also

Went to Japshow and got a D1 sandwich plate and oil pressure gauge. Going to get a matching oil temp gauge

Plate fitted

Gauge working but not in final place, Will fit Temp as well then secure them both where I want them (Undecided)

Gave the whole car a service using some castrol while its just sitting there. Service parts included

Spark plugs
Pollon filters
Hamp shortie Oil filter
Gearbox oil MTF-3
magnetic sump plug (Gearbox and Engine)
Castrol Magnetec (While cars off the road and just being started, will be changed to millers nanotec after a few outings

Spark plugs NGK IR

Pollon Filters new and old!

Sump plugs look to nice to be hidden!

My home made gearbox oil fill tool!

Hamp Shortie filter fitted onto plate. Been warned the filter leaks so will keep an eye on both

Also did the Valve timings which ended up having to remove the sump to retrieve one of the lock nuts that had falled down the oil channel into the sump! What a ball ache but cleaned up the sump while it was off before I put it back on and refilled with fresh oil so theoretical its had an oil flush.

The horn on steering wheel was bugging me that it never fitted as previous owner snapped clips so ordered another from OMP.

Got a few things to go on still which I will try and get done this weekend. This included Rear JDM anti roll bar

Size Difference shot!

Rear JDM Anti roll bar super pro bushes (Whole car to be superpro expect Tie rod bush as they don't do it)

To fit Steering rack raiser

and a few other small bits and bobs like removing rest of bushes from wishbones and painting them and removing more sound deadening.

Got a few more tools aswell to replace or add to my collection

Cheap one for now as my last one imploded

and a few other bits, Anyone needed THAT tool when they don't have it I recommend Toolstation, there cheap and cheerful, stock most tools and quick service :)

Ive done a few more bits that arnt worth mentioning and a few bits ive forgotten, starting to feel abit more love for her again so hopefully ** crack on as im starting to miss her again.

Thanks for looking comments welcome :)

Excellent bud. This is going to be one h*ll of a car when it's back on the road. Keep up the good work.

I bet you're heart missed a couple beats when you heard that locking nut pachinko down through the engine!

Also, those pollen filters! I don't even want to think about that lurking behind my dash.

Excellent bud. This is going to be one h*ll of a car when it's back on the road. Keep up the good work.

I bet you're heart missed a couple beats when you heard that locking nut pachinko down through the engine!

Also, those pollen filters! I don't even want to think about that lurking behind my dash.

hopefully, just want the first phase done so i can get her moving and improve bits ive missed before moving onto power and looks.

Mate i didnt hear it i just didnt see it! the confusion on my face soon turned to launching a spanner and feeler gauge down the road which i then had to retrieve lol.

Pollen filter was rank, for a tenner its worth changing, simple job aswell, take out glovebox with two screws, open flap and pull them out. Just make sure you put them in the right way round (Air flow)

Update.

Chopped off the type r backbox and fitted a angled can. Not sure if im to keen on it at the moment. So system is 2.5" cat back now. Have got a full decat pipe (Backbox to manifold) but dont want to fit it without car being mapped.

Gave it a polish before fitting

Type r back box not giving up the juice!

Done for the night

Quick pic to see angle

And a video of a couple of blips.

Had an afternoon off yesterday so thought id fit the rack raiser, well i was defeated! Couldn't get the shafts to move in the car so removed the steering rack.

On the bench

Un folded the crush washers and tried to undo the arms.........nothing, got tired, gave up.

Felt like i needed to accomplish something new so painted my jdm rear anti roll bar and the lower front strut in blue hammerite.

Then as the rack was looking filthy and sorry for itself i hammerited most of that to in black, added protection aswell i guess but will look much neater when back in.

One side

The side you see

Hopefuly get the rack raiser on when i get time again then put it back together.

Also orderd my oil temp gauge so should be here before the weekend so i can paint the pods and fit them. Then dash is finished.

Thank for looking :)

Nice work

I have a couple of questions...

Why the rack riser? What purpose does it serve? I've never known.

Any reason for the shorty filter also? Less filtration than a standard length filter....

Nice work

I have a couple of questions...

Why the rack riser? What purpose does it serve? I've never known.

Any reason for the shorty filter also? Less filtration than a standard length filter....

the rack It reduces bump steer on lowered cars by raising the steering angle back to OEM hight. Basically makes the car more stable on bumpy road and high speed.
The shortie filter is meant to increase oil pressure slightly (spoon use them apparently) has a valve in it to keep pressure and flow constant or something. HAMP is designed by Honda as a after market upgrade on there vtec engines so filtration will be better than OEM. Also i have the sandwich plate and the short one takes up less room and looks cleaner :)

You're supplying a good amount of motivation for me to take my car apart this winter.

Dont......Just dont lol.

Its a pain in the ars but i love building my cars just as much as driving them :) If you do take you lady apart over the winter don't blame me for any injuries, swearing or broken objects

Got some more done this weekend.

Got the rack raiser fitted with oem washers and o rings

New o rings

Fitted with new lock washer

Arms fitted with new crush washers and hammerited.

Fitted into the car

Looks abit cleaner now

Also done a few brackets to clean it up slightly.

Been meaning to do it for ages but only just got round to it and that's removed as much sound deadening as i can without removing dash.

Drivers footwell

Passenger footwell

What came out

Didn't weigh it as I couldn't be asked.

Managed to remove all the bushes now ready for super pro caster kit and shot blast my arms thanks to a really good friend. Will get them painted during the week, don't know if i should do arms black or blue!

Also got the drop links out ready for buddyclub ones to go in

Next task was painting a few more bits.

Fitted the JDM rear anti roll bar with superpro bushes,

Painted the rear strut

Fuel filter cover painted

Side brackets painted

Also my Oil Temp gauge arrived so fitted that so dash is no complete i think unless i find a double din i like. Cut a small hole in the dash to feed wire through and placed the controllers for the gauges in front so there easy to use with gloves on. Also painted the pods blue

As i finished

D1 Spec

From outside

In the day

Repainted my rocker cover gloss black and fitted flush cover. Got a finger print in it so will need re painting! (Dont ask)

Only problems i've come across is i think i replaced the battery while the rack was removed to lock the car as i have EPS light on and no power steering. I Used a friends OBD reader but didn't show any faults as it only ready engine management. I do have a WIFI OBD reader i use with Dash command but cant find it to see if i can reset it with that and hopefully that solves the problem. Unless anybody is close with a tech 2 :)

Thanks for looking and hopefully should be finished in a couple of months.

Got on with painting the hubs and bones. Had my little brother help who used blue on wishbones even though they was going to be black so i just rolled with it lol. Looks good tbh and wont be able to see them anyway.

only done one side of everything, ** turn them around and finish them off at some point in the week.

Wishbones half and half

Rear hubs half and half

wishbones and front hubs done

Rear hubs done

Top Tip:

Dont paint abs sensor and then dash for a towel to wipe it off and end up picking up a half eaten rat your cat left you because he loves you!!!!!!

So the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer,
Postman turned up with some boxes :D

Front superpro caster increase bushes and rear tie rod energy suspension bushes.

Wasnt going to do anything but couldn't resist so fitted the easier ones and next will somehow remove tie rod and replace and press the caster bushes in.

Any advice on how to remove tie rod would be great :)

Also trying to hunt down a code reader that will read the EPS light and SRS light to clear.

Few more bits in the post like rigid collar set for subframe, wasn't going to get these but kinda makes sense with what i aim to use the car for so dropped the subframe to give it a clean up in preparation to fit these.

Also got a thermal gasket for cheap and wanted to paint the inlet black as it looks shabby so took it off to paint so itl be ready.

Managed to find out that one of the bolts that hold the throttle body in are snapped with only a small amount left out of it so need to remove that, Also found a snapped bolt on the floor which looks like a sump bolt so need to check that!!!!!!!

Last bush arrived as well, its the rear upper bush where the adjustable arm attaches to. They do an adjustable bush and i was thinking about it as it'll give me more adjustment but decided against it as i wouldn't be going extreme on the rear anyway and the SPS arms should suffice. need to order buddy club ball joints this weekend and also thinking of getting cyber speed rear arms but they don't provide the 10 pin socket, so if anyone local has one id appreciate being able to use it for 3 minutes in exchange for a coffee :)

If i have the time this weekend ** be cleaning up the subframe, painting the inlet black, finding where the mystery bolt is from and see if i can remove the thread from the inlet aswell.

Back