• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

I was amazed at the difference in my brakes after the rebuild and new fluid, better in every way. I think a full rebuild of the brakes will go on my annual winter maintenance list now.

Its like night and day, really brought the car up to standard now, looking forward to destroying them at brands now :)

Sorry for the Lack of update for ages but now out of work and have a 6 month ban. Police decided i was doing 100 mph in a yaris that tops out at 90, and tracker saying i was doing 85 but the magistrates threw the book at me. So progress is going to be slow. But here is an update to now with the bits i can remember doing.

Right onto the car.

The bung didn't fit and they didn't make one that would fit.

Managed to get some Accord Type R alloys cheap as chips but looking at the tyres there was no way of me driving on them and according to my friend who i got them with (9 alloys in total) there were a few that are buckled. So a quick spray on the floor to see what they would look like in blue for track and sent them away with him to straighten out.

So it went Brands and i took my chances. Packed loads of tools in the back and met up with the lads for the short drive there.

Loads of crap chucked in

On way down being stalked by Accord Type R

Breakfast (If you come from the M25, there is a breakfast van before you get to the petrol station on the roundabout, we go here all there time, there sausages are amazing!!!!)

So we arrived in the pits, signed on and went for noise test.... to this point i was dreading what was going to happen. When i got to the box, they asked my to rev until it hit the limiter then bring it down. Now my car never pops and bangs and this time....... BANG!

"118DB mate, you are way over the limit, but it was 98 before it hit the limiter so ** put a pass on but you will see me later."

No you wont mate, ** prove you wrong, straight into the puts again and before the day had started she was ars up face down.

Borrowed an angle grinder from a race team a couple of pits along, off came the bumper and to work i went.

Bumper back on to my new jewish stubby can

Reason for this is the top of a bean can is like cupping your mouth and shouting, cutting the tip off will be like shouting without cupping your mouth..... and it worked. And looks pretty cool IMO.

So on with the day. Car performed faultlessly. Handled exactly how i wanted her to. Even on road tyres (Bridgestone RE50) Only problems i had was towards the end of the day i kept getting "Excessive tyre squeal, return to pits" which got really annoying but i think the control tower just wanted to go home.

Any way ** let the pics do the talking. Here are the ones our group took.

Everyone loves a cheesy smile

Here are some of the Pro pics i got sent

And some from Brands them selfs.

Hope you enjoy, there are loads more pics but i wont put them all up here.

Not much will happen now for awhile. Just get the accord alloys painted properly and some semi slinks wrapped round them. Few service bits and then hopefully some coilovers and re geo her.

Thanks for looking :)

Well i haven't updated in ages. Everything is slow at the moment because.....we I'm enjoying her. Not managed to get her back on track due to other commitments which is very frustrating but the odd weekend out in her has proved value enough although i have had to soften her up slightly as she is back to being a daily for the time being. Only a few things have been done, i dented the rear quarter with my buttocks while leaning on it and kicking of a brake disc on a Vauxhall being the most frustrating

But the small update none the less.

Only a few pics of the car on a few nights out. One of which in London,

6two1 meet (Very dirty car)

Expression Culture pictures

Adam at 6two1 pics

And one with Hondapro Jason

A deep cleaning session

Test and Tune

Loads i've missed out but you get the gist.

In the way of maintenance, mods and breakages, not a lot. Like i said the rear quarter which is a pain and bugs me.

A full service with Triple QX 5w-40 (From 5w-30) with a shortie Hamp filter again. Re sealed the rocker cover gasket and general maintenance

20l to keep me going, a cat back for a friends s2k, as much as i want to change mine now!

Now to problems, undertray decided it wanted to commit suicide during a spirited drive.

Cut most of it off except the near side as it needs to protect my filter. I bodged the remaining back on until i find another from a breakers.

Now as nice as this exhaust system sounds and looks its not for me. The role of my car does not suit this system so it will be up for sale or swap. I have a dc5 manifold and cat in the garage in mint condition. Not sure if i want a 4-2-1 race mani or the dc5 mani and cat. My main problem is noise on track without making restrictions to power once i decided on what route to go down.

Its not blowing or punctured, just abit squashed.

[/url]

Only mods I’ve done is put a switch in to manually start the fans. I did this to see if it helped with my oil temps as there raising above 90*C to 100*C on normal driving and 120ish*C during a spirited drive….. and my engine is standard including map! If anyone can shed some light onto this being ok or not please do so. Put the switch out the way and easy to get to.

Also got a 300mm blue tint Broadway mirror at the 6two1 meet.

Thats pretty much it. Want to book snett 300 and another brands day before the end of the year. Hopefully can get away from my other commitments to make this happen.

They ****ed up and only gave me the points. I was on 10 points at time of offence. Stratford magistrates says it all

Couple of updates,

Had a noise coming from the cv joint so replaced the boot with one from a local auto parts shop.

Trying to use the process of elimination to get rid of the annoying noise coming from the rear so removed the spoiler and re seal it. To no avail. Still got the annoying noise but at least the spoiler is fitted better.

Been to north weald to test and tune on each of there events. This one was no different so a couple of us found some shade to finish waxing ready for the next day.

And finally thanks to Simon and four house driving i got J's racing 60rs so can now fit my dc5 mani and cat with this. I am pretty certain it wont pass a noise test for the track but will pop down to my local track and get a db test to see where it stands and fit a silencer in the b pipe accordingly.

Going to fit the system this week hopefully

day off work so decided i wasnt going to wait to wrap the exaust i was just going to fit it.

Was a pain in the ars removing the manifold as most bolts were corroded but eventually it came out and all was on the floor ready for the new to go on. So started prepping the dc5 manifold to fit. For those who are going to do this i recommend taking off the front arb it will make life easier.

Old off, will miss the noise this makes but it just wasnt the style i was going for.

Everything ready to go on

dc5 mani on...... pain in the ars for some reason

cat and B pipe fitted. There has been metal bead welded on to try and stop the b pipe from flattening when it scraps.

Back box on.

And bumper back on and on the floor.

Also fitted the beaks bar i've had in the garage for over a year

It sounds silent compared to my previous set up. Which makes me happy as i think i will get away with a race manifold and still be track friendly.

Took her for a quick drive and the back box pipe is hitting on the RARB. Dont know if this is because its a JDM one or i need to play about abit more to get it to sit higher. But happy enough now :)

Should be able to get it to fit without knocking.

I much prefer that set up, and the blue on the tip goes with your theme too.

Should be able to get it to fit without knocking.

I much prefer that set up, and the blue on the tip goes with your theme too.

Its what i wanted from the start really. But gave something else a go. It honestly dont sound much louder than oem. im starting to like it :) Its only off the rear anti roll bar. Maybe 5mm in it so ** have a jiggle about when its not raining and see if i can get it to clear

Great thread mate! ;)

A lot of hard work ''labour'' keeping the CTR alive. Well done. Specially the clutch. That is a lot of labour involved there.

Not been in here for a while, some great progress!

I thought exhaust wrap was to be used to keep engine bay temps down & is pointless outside of the 'bay? I was told it just makes things rust faster. Not knocking it, just spewing out what I've heard from others.

Im sure I read something somewhere about keeping more heat within the exhaust and increasing velocity all the way through - therefore supposedly more power...

Even if this is true I cant see it being anything noticeable although as Hazz says it will hold more moisture and for longer and there will be more chance of rust etc.

Either way I do think the heat wrap stuff does look pretty good.

Not been in here for a while, some great progress!

I thought exhaust wrap was to be used to keep engine bay temps down & is pointless outside of the 'bay? I was told it just makes things rust faster. Not knocking it, just spewing out what I've heard from others.

main reason for me is for the manifold to stop as much heat as possible inside the bay. But as system was off thought I might as well do the whole lot. Going to do a job do it properly some may say.

Thank you Hazz, not been on forums for awhile and not done anything to car expect drive it and enjoy it so nothing to report reall apart from maintenance, tyres and boring stuff.

Im sure I read something somewhere about keeping more heat within the exhaust and increasing velocity all the way through - therefore supposedly more power...

Even if this is true I cant see it being anything noticeable although as Hazz says it will hold more moisture and for longer and there will be more chance of rust etc.

Either way I do think the heat wrap stuff does look pretty good.

That is true it does keep the gasses moving faster but I don't think it will make a difference on my car as its standard. Maybe a turbo application or high power n/a a few unicorns would escape because of it but it has changed the note of the exhaust, its now much deeper and burbles more pronounced on over run.

It will capture more moisture as its a fabric but I know many friends who have run heat wrap on there systems for years and being stainless steel there is no change to the metal, in some cases its protected it. Horses for courses I guess. I looked good when we finished wrapping it but I cant believe it does now after a few hundred miles but who looks under the car anyway!

Function over form and all that Jazz. Main reason its there is to keep temps down from the manifold like I said but as system was off it wasn't going to hurt to wrap the rest. A friends s2000 now spits flames on gear changes since he fitted heat wrap to his system so it does prove it keeps gasses hotter and more free flowing to me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Impulse buy! Been after one for awhile and one came up for grabs recently so grabbed it. Badgless grill fitted with the type R logo replaced. Guess this is the start of my front aero and cooling stage. Splitter idea's going through my mind to stop the front end going light.

Back