• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

After a order from Jap Service Parts i decided to take the Air con out the bay. Not removed anything under the dash as yet as i will flock it at same time which is in the pipeline.

So out came the air con rad which has seen better days

Front end stripped down. The compressor is a bugger to get out because of one bolt but eventually it came out and new belt was fitted.

Rad will be replaced for a new one soon aswell as its seen better days.

Everything that came out. Not weighed it as i cba.

Also a delivery finally turned up from the states. Small but i love them.

Before

After

Titanium neo chrome bolts. :)

Also treated the old girl to a front row seat to the rally cross.

Not updated in awhile as not much been going on.

Fitted a ultra racing strut brace and in honesty the difference is very noticeable! turn in has improved a lot! Very impressed!

Changed my clutch fluid which i have been meaning to do for ages. Very happy that i did. Feels slightly better but i think thats a placebo effect.

This is the mess that came out!

And now nice and fresh

MOT Time and as my tyres hadn't turned up needed to borrow a friends off his Accord Euro R. I really liked them on but they are a different fitment to ep3 wheels as the rear touches the tie rod and grinds so would need spacers. But has actually made me think about another set of alloys!

Now for the not so good bit. Missus was driving to work and someone come across her lane to exit the roundabout and spun her around. Damage is not as bad as i thought it was when i got sent pictures (I was at Birmingham NEC Classic car show!) As it only needs the panel work done. Nothing needs to be replaced. Going through insurance to get car repaired as the other person is at fault . But is taking ages to sort out! Hopefully be repaired by new year.

And other parties car

NOT happy at all but im glad missus is ok.

To finish update on a positive note, tyres turned up and put on car. Ive choosen Uniroyal Rainsport 3 XL Sidewall in 214/45/17.

I cant comment on how good they are as they need scrubbing in and car is like its on ice until they have been scrubbed but i will update everyone.

Managed to get round to cleaning the J's. Used some metal polish.

Insurance have told me to get quotes from body shops for the car to be repaired, Wrong time of year so i cant see that happening until Feb!

Topped oil up the other day, didn't replace cap! Doh! So got a shiny one as i couldn't find an OEM one anywhere

Got given the oppertunity to buy a friends media system so went ahead and got it. Its a Sony XAV-602BT.

Has mirrorlink so youtube and maps on the go is great! (Mightycarmods ftw!)

Put the microphone in front of the clocks and although the car is loud people seem to be able to hear me clearly :)

Came with a reverse camera aswell so went about fitting it. First i put it on the xbrace but of an evening it was rubbish due to tinted windows so i wired it up externally. Just above numberplate.

I have wired it so it can be used when out of reverse as well.

While roaming Costco for cake and other stuff i shouldnt have i picked up an extinguisher as abit of an impluse buy. So fitted that aswell. Excuse the mess.

Next on the cards is to buy and fit a clockwise motion baffled sump and some semi's for the accord wheels. Hopefully have the damage repaired in good time and also booking Snett up for end of Feb.

Christmas Pressi for the car. Enough of all this gadget's and soft bits time to get more track focused again ready for Snett.

Baffled sump ordered so will be fitted when it arrives. Then a geo set up again and ** be ready i think.

Looking for semi's to put on the accord alloys. Looking like its going to be AD08R.

Taken advantage of the Discount.

My order turned up today. Very impressed with delivery times.

Baffled sump and Brake stopper.

Sump for obvious reasons and the stopper to see if it stop the noise i have under harsh braking.

Also while out the other day my idler pully started making horrible loud noises. On the phone to Japserviceparts and once again got me out the **** without a sweat. Cant recommend these guys enough!

Genuine OEM pully

Will fit sump over weekend and stopper when i have ten minutes.

Couple of bits finished.

Put the Tegiwa brake stopper on and although most of the reviews say its pointless.......... the pedal feel is fantastic! its made a noticeable difference! Shocked at it myself, but after fitting there was still a bang after heavy breaking.

Here it is fitted. Fiddly but easy enough

J's racing exhaust hanger turned up from TDI North. So got round to fitting it asap to stop the knocking on RARB and suffie it say, no more knocking :)

Here it is next to the OEM bush

Fitted (Was actually a pain!)

Picked up my accord wheel from being stored at a friends ready to put sticky bits on. More than likely Federal RSR.
(Garage needs a spring clean!)

Gave her a quick wash and wax.

Friends taken off some grills from his Ford, only for me to turn around and see them placed on my bonnet....... now got me thinking, especially as im suffering with cooling. So started playing.

Whats everyone's thoughts?

Next update should be baffle sump fitted and service.

Honda bond and shorty HEMP filter ordered from JSP

Nice Car! Can see a lot of time has been spent on it :)
I'd go second option. :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Got to it this weekend with a couple of friends that was free to help.

Baffle finally in and sealed. Used Honda bond to seal sump, another HAMP shortie filter and fresh oil. Leaving it over night to set so should be perfect.

Have to get the sump at the right angle for it to mate. Abit of ****ing about but non the less its on.

When we removed the bumper we noticed the AEM intake bracket had snapped! God knows how but pretty disappointed! removed the bracket and used cable ties. Job done for now until i re weld it.

Also filter needs replacing, but forgot to measure the size of it! so if anyone knows that would be appreciated.

In other news i got a offer to buy some slicks at a price i couldn't say no so these turned up in the garage.

Track day is also booked for Snett on the 27th Feb. Looking forward to it. So just got to make sure the accord wheels fit, put slicks on them, borrow a set of normal type r rims from a friend and put some semi's on them (Slicks wont be used i don't think as it will probably be raining or to cold) Looking at getting Federal RSR's. A quick geo check to make sure everything is still where it should be and she is good to go.

I've also been looking at federal rsr semi slicks and will be buying shortly ! What a bargain they are at the moment !

Some great progress here mate and we'll done on getting away with the points/ban...

What track days are you booking this year ? A couple at cadwell for me the first part of the year and shall see after that what is on !

Back