• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

Any chance of a pic of the trimmed oil dipstick? I've got my baffle in my tool box to be fitted (about 6 months now!) and keep meaning to round to it. Would be nice to know where to trim the stick. Cheers.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Any chance of a pic of the trimmed oil dipstick? I've got my baffle in my tool box to be fitted (about 6 months now!) and keep meaning to round to it. Would be nice to know where to trim the stick. Cheers.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I will take one later. Its not neat just snipped bit by bit from the end with cutters until it sat in clean.

I've also been looking at federal rsr semi slicks and will be buying shortly ! What a bargain they are at the moment !

Some great progress here mate and we'll done on getting away with the points/ban...

What track days are you booking this year ? A couple at cadwell for me the first part of the year and shall see after that what is on !

Thank you man. I shouldnt have been to court in the first place. Really changed my perspective of the police.

Even ad08r are pretty cheap at the moment. Hoping i can squeeze extra funds before track day to get some. And another set of alloys.

27th feb ive just booked snett, 6th april i should be booking brands hatch, and hopefully i can join a friend at goodwood on 25th april which is my birthday but its a club event so cant see being allowed.

Then just a case of seeing whats on offer. Problem with my new job is i cant take time off as much anymore during week so most weekend trackdays ** be trying to book

Another update. Rear caliper seized so a good friend who is still building his car let me have his new rear oem calipers from Japserviceparts providing i buy him some next month.

So after work got the car in the air and fitted them

Ordered some new tyres off tyreleader. Federal RSRs in 215/45/17. Put them on another set of ep3 wheels.

Out one night to catch up with the lads so took the civic for a outing. To which the front brakes started grinding. No tell tale signs they just died. So replaced with same ferodo DS2500 the next day.

The old pads went down the metal in the O/S Inside

Shocked how they went without any sign. I knew they was low but not to this point.

After bedding in and cooling down i went to test the car and managed to get a bit hot under the coller!

I won a competition with a local company called Essex Engine carbon clean. Without knowing a lot about the procedure they explained everything to me and i did abit of research.

They basically run hydrogen through you intake which changes the dose according to the computer to brake down the carbon from the engine. Works very well with turbo and Diesel cars but mine being a n/a that spends a lot of time around 8k i didn't think it would make a difference. So they come to my house and explained what they was going to do and how. Really friendly and clear. It took about half hour in total and was keen i took the car out after to see if i felt anything. Now what it should increase is mpg, throttle response, any lost power over the years etc... basically what a newer engine should be like. For my car i felt a increase in throttle response and top end power. Car picks up alot better at higher speeds and pedal feels much more controlled under my foot. I actually would recommend this to people. here are some pictures

As it took so quick i decided to clean the garage out so my other project that im going to sell came out for the first time in two years. ZXR400

Something small but annoying is my Ariel was catching on my spoiler when i opened the boot. So as i dont use it i reduced the size and now dont touch

And a cheeky picture while out watching naughty stuff

Yellow Stuff rear pads arrived so fitted them also.

After 15 years of hard use my old trusty died. So off the halfrauds and picked up one of there advanced range.

Next should be "Hopefully" oil cooler before the track day then off to Snett next weekend. :)

One more thing i forgot to mention is a little representation for HOT "Honda's on Track"

Have another to put on windscreen sun strip when it turns up.

(And Rasta Pig)

looks like your not the only one who goes to the docks to see naughty stuff ;).

great read though pal, probably my fave ive been through.

Oil Cooler turned up last night. No intention of fitting it but missus told me dinner would be two hours.......... 4 hours later it was finally on and fitted. A right pig of a job from drilling the slam panel to mount it to getting the sandwich plate in a place it was comfortable. Routed the lines over the engine mount and under the headlight. I will get some more pictures but here are some a friend took.

The cooler kit.

Friends pics

Lines are hidden behind the crash bar and the cooler dont fully show under the bumper but till has enough space for air to cool. If temps don't decrees i will modify the brackets to lower the cooler so its snug in the hole of the bumper. For now its half protected.

So. Day before the track day and my oil pressure sensor killed itself!

If anyone knows where to find another i would appreciate it.

So a clear drive up to the track. Sort everything out and head out on sighting lap..... returned to be in this position!

Arch was scrubbing alot so out came my arch roller (Hammer) and job done.

Also fitted a sunstrip the night before with Drivewaymotorsport and HOT stickers.

Had a couple of problems on the day with miss fires during hard fast cornering so had to call it a day after 110 miles on track. Also finished off the discs. On passenger side there was two cracks and one on drivers side. All from the grooves not the dimples

Day went great apart from that. Chased down a civic cup car. Was great fun and owner was a really nice chap! e36 m3's and fended off a few lotus's and the like to my surprise! All being all the handling and brakes are spot on. I could do with some adjustment to shocks to eradicate some under steer but im happy with how she reacts and feels. Just the lack of midrange was frustrating so need to concentrate on power!

Here are some pictures from the day:

So when i got home i managed to find another fuel pump and filter.

Seems the issue is now solved. Fingers crossed.

Orderd another set of Mtec disc brakes but this time gone for the new C- Hook design

And now the slippery slope begins.

Its started!

70mm throttle body has been purchased!

A few other bits orderd but will wait until they turn up before another update.

Loads of gritty details missed but thats the bulk of it.

Quick recap on day, the Federals worked a treat. plenty of grip and not alot of wear. The oil temps stayed down from before so cooler is doing its job as it should.

So going to get some midrange and abit more power through the rev range then book another day to test the differences :)

Thank you for reading.

where did you get the blue type r sticker .. and how did you do the black head lights is that the mod they do on the golf forum

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

where did you get the blue type r sticker .. and how did you do the black head lights is that the mod they do on the golf forum

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Someone off facebook ** try and find there name. Take headlights apart and paint them, think its possibly on start of thread

Great thread. It's inspiring!

Have you fitted the c-hook discs yet?
What are they like?

Not yet. Using my spare discs i forgot to take which are the same. Need to order a rear set of c hook so my ocd dont start attacking me haha

Thank you mate

So thanks to great customer service from rob at tdi north my M2 inlet arrived so as it is a new product i will do a opening review and another review when fitted.

So here is the packaging. Packaged very well although M2 havent realised the little extra bits that poke through.

Comes with thermal gasket, some leaflets and some odds and sods to assist fitting.

Here are the mating surfaces, all even clean and no marks... as should be

And the inlet top and bottom, as you can see it replaces the water connection and integrates them into the inlet itself.

Offered my 70mm throttle body up to the inlet and here are the results, very happy

But there are some bad bits. The surface has scratches, for me im not worried as i dont have a show car, but for some others that might not be the case. A few marks here and there. For a brand new product it is not great, also there is residue glue from where they have fitted bits aswell.

Overall just on un packing im happy. Everything seems solid and inside is clean although it says to clean it (It will get blown through)

Now to get it fitted and see what happens when mapped.

Oh and here are some pics i got the other night

Had my M2 inlet fitted last week well happy with it mate! Should make good figures with it I was suprised how well it did for the price

Also stopped the blow in the exhaust. Gasket failed so managed to pick up a Subaru Impreza gasket. So in true Mighty car mods style i have Subaru parts on the car!!!

Back