• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

What where the other bolt ons?
Full spec for power is:
Japspeed 421 decat manifold
DC sports cat back
Tegiwa M induction with silicone hose
M2 inlet manfiold
K100 ECU
Had my valve clearances done day before and new oil and filter i would advise this if you haven't done it recently! 3 out of 4 of mine were out haha

Full spec for power is:
Japspeed 421 decat manifold
DC sports cat back
Tegiwa M induction with silicone hose
M2 inlet manfiold
K100 ECU
Had my valve clearances done day before and new oil and filter i would advise this if you haven't done it recently! 3 out of 4 of mine were out haha

Similer spec ** have in the end. Im hoping for more midrange than top end though

Similer spec ** have in the end. Im hoping for more midrange than top end though
Well I believe the M2 inlet is designed more for top end but either way the mid range is increased because vtec is lower and more power is available earlier in the rev range

Hi! It seems you have samekind of tb like me. Is it the Japspeed S90 one from ebay? (I dont know if its replica or what) But my question is did you have any problems with idle? Im having a problem with high idle and it settles after i rev few times. Could it be throttle flap(?) what doesnt close properly everytime? :(

Got my oil catch can in the post so went about venting it. Got some hose joiners, a filter and went about it.

Trimmed the end once glue had set, put filter on and finished the rest.

Need to get some black hose to finish install.

While i was there i re sealed my rocker cover with honda bond

Replaced filter for the AEM Dryflow. Was very overdue. Refitted with hydro sock again

Compression test carried out in prep. Was happy with results.

Results are:
1- 185psi
2- 180psi
3- 175psi
4- 185psi

Picked up some new headlights to replace mine

Got Japspeed 4-2-1 Manifold. Here it is next to the Tegiwa manifold. (Japspeed at top)

Heat wrap also purchased for it

And made the very expensive phone call to TDI North for Kpro and mapping at the end of May.

Been busy with other projects im doing for people so not a lot has been done but rather exited about mapping now.

Not a lot!!...looks like you've done plenty to me. What heat wrap did you go for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you apply it wet on your DC5 mani? Thinking of getting a DC5 mani and cat myself but most don't have a heat heat shield so was looking to wrap it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not managed to update the build in awhile so i will proberly miss a fair few bits.

So first problem we had was Oil cooler. I fitted the Japspeed Manifold and hadn't adjusted the lines so burned through one. My own mistake of working in the dark to finish the car.

Took fixing off, cut pipe down and put it back together

Got some Heat sleeve protection and re routed the lines over the gearbox and under the manifold. Did a oil filter and change while i was there.

Next problem was zero clutch. Slave decided it didnt want to play ball any more and **** itself 4 days before mapping. A good friend got me a 50k miles one the next morning and after vacuum bleeding the clutch all was well.

Got about fitting the M2 inlet. Took rad off to make life easier. Everything went pretty well. Cleaned everything while inlet was off aswell

Put everything back together including the 70mm throttle body and went for a test run.

Only for the inlet to shoot its brass fixing off and cover gearbox with coolant. Some gorilla glue to re fix it and tried again to see if anything else would fail.......... the Rad had blown! Also a small hole had appeared in the b pipe.

Got a rad off another civic we are building to get me out of trouble and new coolant. Friend came over and welded the hole up. Finally ready for mapping.

Drove 4 hours to TDI North very gingerly and when we arrive there was no messing about. Car was put straight on the dyno, Kpro installed and mapping began.

Paul jumped out for a 5 minute break so i went and checked the car to see there was...once again..... a wet gearbox. Neil came over and helped out. Pressure tested the system to see where the leak was from. (Same fixing but this time from the bung) so fitted another blank and off we went again.

Towards the end of the mapping the TPS needed adjusting and we decided to try a 3" intake to see if the restriction was the AEM inlet. So after putting the throttle body back on and messing about with the pipes for about 45 minutes Neil chucked the 3" intake on and ran the car again, 240bhp straight away. Put the AEM back on and final figure recorded was about 230bhp and 155lb/ft. Neil said the parameters was off as car was now cold so its more like 235 but i said its 230 on paper so thats what it is as far as im concerned.

Im not happy with the final result so a few more tweeks to get it right and get it where i want.

The drive is the most important part. It lacks what i wanted up top but the smoothness of the drive and the response is brilliant. Nothing i can fault. Vtec engages about 4800 which makes it easier to set up for a corner. The noises the J's makes are amazing after the map. So i went down the brands to see what the DB test would be. I got 98 at 6k. So i dont think i will pass a driveby!

So plans are now to make my own 3" inlet and relocate battery as i was going to before. Looking for a DC mani and a 3" track friendly system and put her back on the rollers.

Not going to happen for a little while as i need to do the chain and tensioner for my own piece of mind and get some seat time on track.

Few more bits done over the weekend.

Connected the Hondata to the screen in the car.

Finished off the catch tank. got a pack of three scourers and pulled them apart before putting them in. Will catch the vapor so it don't seep through the filter

Few more bits done over the weekend.

Finished off the catch tank. got a pack of three scourers and pulled them apart before putting them in. Will catch the vapor so it don't seep through the filter

A friend Rhys came over and Rolled and flaired the arches aswell.

Before

After

Other side

Got some Evo Enkie 8 allosys off a friend who has recently sold his car. So got my Semi Slicks on them and fitted them to the car. Wasnt going to keep them white but actually think it looks great!

Friend of mine has a vynal cutter so he Got some Enkie stickers and i put them on, finishes them off :)

After being worked on so much recently i gave her a much needed bath!

Got on or two more things to change this year then book another day on track.

Wow, that looks brilliant on white wheels. Keep up the good work, this is all the stuff I wanted to do to mine, it's turning into a real monster now!

Got a little bit of a clean on!

All for wheels off, Iron X to clean them, Poor boys white diamond to clean them and poorboys sealer to seal them.

I have been annoyed by my trims looking worn for years so got some Gtechniq trim restorer and its amazing!

While wheels were off the car i sprayed some de greaser about and put the jet wash in man mode

Finished article of my random clean frenzy.

Also replaced the headlights with OEM silver units. Now i can see!

Wheels are growing on me in white so may be white after powder coating them.

Still got rubbing on rear arches after rolling and flairing them so next up is coilovers.

Back