• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

Great update, tough luck on the discs though. Fecking MTEC, they always have made absolute dogsh1t discs. For something like brakes it never pays to buy cheaply.

If you're staying single piece discs, I'd recommend the brembo grooved only discs or just stick to OEM.

Did you have any special tips on how to remove the steering arms? I tried a 51mm crows foot a while back and couldn't get them to budge! Hoping to fit my rbc and a few other bits this weekend so might give the arms another go while it's on the ramp!

Also got a blue Hamp filter to fit, I liked the green too

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

The amount of work gone into this is unbelievable, I feel sorry for my car after reading this haha!

Apologies if I missed the reason in an earlier post but what are the benefits / reasons for fitting the shortened steering arms?

Also, personally I preferred the pre-facelift bumper look, not that the facelift looks bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you lower the car the oem arms run out of thread to adjust your set up. So the shortaned arms give you the adjustment you need.

Thank you for the kind words buddy

Great update, tough luck on the discs though. Fecking MTEC, they always have made absolute dogsh1t discs. For something like brakes it never pays to buy cheaply.

If you're staying single piece discs, I'd recommend the brembo grooved only discs or just stick to OEM.

To be honest ive had 5 sets from them. 1 set cracked on a track day at snett because i was going in harder than i should and this set is just bad luck. ** update there reply later mate

Did you have any special tips on how to remove the steering arms? I tried a 51mm crows foot a while back and couldn't get them to budge! Hoping to fit my rbc and a few other bits this weekend so might give the arms another go while it's on the ramp!

Also got a blue Hamp filter to fit, I liked the green too

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Ive had the arms off in the past to fit rack raiser so that may have helped me. But knock the locking washer tabs back straight and i used mulgripes. I love mulgripes! Haha

Its there updated stock. I guess the blue will look cleaner for longer lol

To be honest ive had 5 sets from them. 1 set cracked on a track day at snett because i was going in harder than i should and this set is just bad luck. ** update there reply later mate

I had a set warp badly on a Beemer years back, the hubs got so hot it cooked the bearing grease. I've been bashing MTEC since :lol:

If you're doing track work then nothing beats brake size. Running blanks is a way to go, but if you're serious about it then look at a proper big brake kit and cooling. You'll end up saving in the long run.

If you're doing track work then nothing beats brake size. Running blanks is a way to go, but if you're serious about it then look at a proper big brake kit and cooling. You'll end up saving in the long run.

Brake size dont need to be increased IMO. Im yet to lose a late braking competition on track with a road car. Maybe when the power increases in the future then may be needed but not as of yet.

So E-mailed Mtec and they have agreed to replace the disks under warranty Very happy with there customer service. Much better than most companies in this instance.

Received a delivery and as everyone loves abit of unpacking here we are:

So as you can see i got Meister R CRD+ Coilovers. Also got there anti rust spray.

The build quility is amazing. Very happy.

Here they are next to old suspension

Here are a couple of before and afters

Need to set up the ride height so im happy then off for geo.

Booked into Solid fab for 3" track friendly system next month aswell So J's racing 60rs will be up for sale

Brake size dont need to be increased IMO. Im yet to lose a late braking competition on track with a road car. Maybe when the power increases in the future then may be needed but not as of yet.

That's because you're limited by tyre grip. Larger brakes don't heat up as fast as smaller ones and you can get an entire season out of one set of pads.

So after fitting the Coilovers i binned the very used EBC Yellowstuff rears and replaced with Ferodo DS250 rears matching the front

While playing with the ride height i may have eaten some of the car. Bye bye wheel arch!

Have another just not got round to fitting it yet.

Also got some teaser pics on solid fabs facebook page.

So went down there the next day and met Alan. Genuinely a lovely person with a passion for what he does. And it shows. the work quility is fantastic. Thousand times better than the J's.

Sounds completely different. Can hear so much more as is so quiet. It sounds aggressive but suppressed from the cabin. Its hard to explain but im very very happy!

Playing about with the ride height for clearence and managed to eat a set of rainsports up in the dry. Side wall dead so put the white enkies back on.

Love the look of these!

Had another issue with the IACV with the wireing, Re pinned and extended the loom and hopefully this gremlin wont return.

Finally off to Advanced Service Centre in Grays for Geo.

Thanks for reading, Mapping next, fresh tyres, pads and back on track.

So next updated is an expensive one.

Fitted a new battery, actually the correct one for the car this time.

Full service and valve timing. Re sealed rocker cover gasket aswell to stop a small leak

To stop the problems with the IACV i orderd a rotation plate. No more strain on the wireing loom.

Steering has always felt sloppy so finally got round to fitting the Solid rack slider.

Went off to Romain for mapping. Surprisingly very quick! Car made power and lost torque. Drives so much stronger. 240bhp and 164lb/ft

So while having a play with a kit car i lost 3rd and 5th. Off to Birmingham i went to get a EP3 gearbox on 62k with a Quaife LSD fitted.

When removing the box the new seal i replaced was the cause of my oil leak! Not impressed.

Cleaned up and new seal in

M Factory lightweight flywheel went in first

New OEM clutch kit fitted and box on and went for a drive................... why havent i put a LSD in sooner. The car has changed dramitcaly so really need to find the limits again and re learn the car. Car now feels as it should, another geo and maybe add some camber as everything has been off and will be ready to get back on track.

Little test drive

After a Drive my oil cap decided it wanted to remove itself from the engine. Not once.... but twice.... so wasnt me being a **** its was obviously faulty. Little trip to honda and you cant go wrong with OEM.

Next will be new tyres, Braided clutch line, Clutch master cylinder and hopefully a track session!

Looking really good mate. Will you be doing the braided clutch line yourself? Fancy having a go but can't find a how-to for the ep3.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looking really good mate. Will you be doing the braided clutch line yourself? Fancy having a go but can't find a how-to for the ep3.

Everything done to car is done by myself mate. Its a hydraulic system so same applies to clutch as does brakes.

Everything done to car is done by myself mate. Its a hydraulic system so same applies to clutch as does brakes.
Fancy doing a step by step or is it really that simple?

You sure that's the correct battery for the car? I'm pretty sure the posts should be away from the front bulkhead.

Back