• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 feels sluggish

Hi there,

brought an ep3 the other day was very impressed by the performance and the brutal acceleration by the k20 when it hits vtec. I have a few questions to ask they are as followed....

1: when I first got the car it felt very alive and awake before it hits vtec now it feels like it's slightly struggling. Like it can't work fast enough. ( it might be I'm used to the pull now ? )

2: when I shift quickly from 1 to 2 in vtec is dose not always engage properly could this be to do this the screw in the peddle box needing adjustment?

3: fuel should I always run the car on high octane ?

4: oil - what type ? I see 5w-40 then 0w-40 then 5w30 ahhh confused !!!! Should it be past the top pinhole on the stick or below??

thanks guys,

Jack

1) Probs you already got used to the power/pull. The reason you think it's kinda sluggish.

2) What do you mean not engaging properly?

3) 95 ron should be fine unless mapped into higher octane.

4) 5w40 fully synthetic (I always use Fuchs Titan race pro)

If you try and vtec it before its all warmed up vtec wont engage. It could be that?

5w40 fuchs titan race pro gets my vote aswell.

1). This could be your throttle position sensor. Mine had similar issues. But you only really notice it after driving the car a lot as it's intermittent. A test drive wouldn't really reveal it.

2) I assume you wait until the car is warmed up before you try to hit vtec? If it's not engaging properly once warm it could be an issue with the vtec solenoid

if it won't go into vtec (or remain in vtec during a gear change) this is indicative of clutch problems.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I hope this info is helpful. It may not be these things of course.

3) normal fuel is fine. Unless it's modified and been mapped on different fuel, it's nonsense to say you'd notice any difference using super unleaded for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
5w40 fuchs titan race pro cant fault this oil , opie oils will sort you out for this , its what most members on here use .

Back