• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 - Fitting Third Brake Light to Non OEM Spoiler ?

I have an adjustable spoiler on my ep3 and have lost the high level brake light from the oem spoiler.

Has anyone tried to modify and fit one in another place ?

I was thinking of a little project to fit one either side of the honda badge on the boot strip ? Has that ever been done before ?

Thoughts....

I was thinking of trying the normal civic (ep1) high level brake light if I got a CF spoiler.

I wasnt going to bother myself but im always thinking someones gonna go into the back of me :lol:

In theory the upper boot panel should fit as the chassis is the same so the tailgate should be roughly the same too

My Fiesta doesnt have a high level brake light and never had anyone go into the back of it lol.

What about one from a 55 plate 1.7 diesel ?

Theres one breaking in Wigan so might go and buy it tomorrow if it will fit ?

i always thought the tailgates were different as the Type-R spoiler doesnt fit the type-s?

correct me if im wrong :)

i always thought the tailgates were different as the Type-R spoiler doesnt fit the type-s?

You can make the spoiler fit though so in turn you should be able to make the upper interior panel fit

You mean the 1.6 Sport.

The Type S is a 5 door with a K20a3 and definitely won't fit, EV1 chassis. Don't buy one for a Type S off eBay etc., totally different.

Don't make me get the pictures out!

Tommy-Lee-Jones-tommy-lee-jones-25049805-814-500.jpg

1.6 Sport:

medium_001a2.jpg

Notice the "Sport" badge on the back.

Type S (the wife's old car to be exact):

Dscf0696.jpg

DSCF0683.jpg

DSCF0680.jpg

Dscf0691.jpg

Engineplate.jpg

KTHNKSBYE

Right, light and trim have arrived off an 02 plate 1.6 se model

The trim is longer than my one and the pop clips dont line up so I'm gonna modify my trim I think and attach the brake light to it which should be easier

Challenge accepted

Last edited by a moderator:
Back