• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Gear Knob Removal

Hi,

Sorry if there is a thread already for this. I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Standard gear knob in an EP3 - is it a normal thread or reversed thread? I have tried to remove mine and the nut under the knob will just not turn at all. Ive tried with brute force and it begins to feel like I am going to damage the stick/linkages even! Wondering if I'm being mugged off by a left hand thread....?

Also, does anyone know how much the OEM one weighs? Just so I have an idea when comparing new ones...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking down at it, the knob turns anti-clockwise to loosen. You move the nut clockwise to get it to move away from and therefore not lock against the knob.

I used the pipe wrenches - without protection.... (inner tube kept slipping, even with the grip of a thousand deaths)... bareback sometimes ain't good for your knob. :)

FYI - OEM gearknob weighs approx 145g. Just in case anyone needs to know for future reference.

Back