• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 insurance

I may be getting a ep3 type r but looking on alot of people around the same age i dont get it!!

Im 21 in a few days and have my 3 years no claims bonus
with my mum as a named driver cause she will use it sometimes

but i get quotes for £2500 plus!!!

ive seen a few people saying under a grand for them and i really am like WTF! lol:confused:

Try Brentacre, I'm sane as you, 21, 4 years no claims no previous performance car experience. 950 fully comp with protected no claims and mods declared

Try some of the insurer's on here in the Traders Section.

Comparison Website are shocking for the EP3.

Try Brentacre, I'm sane as you, 21, 4 years no claims no previous performance car experience. 950 fully comp with protected no claims and mods declared
well i just went on them but i think you have to call them?
Try some of the insurer's on here in the Traders Section.

Comparison Website are shocking for the EP3.
yeh cheers for the heads up i shall have a look

i just cant believe they honestly think £3000 is a good price!!

i pay 1500 for my 106 rallye which is just as fast as a ep3 lol

Yeah, to get the best price anywhere you will need to phone, this goes for all car insurance, not just EP3.

Yeah you need to call them but there all good guys. Good for even just having a chat too. Think I have European cover as well. Yeah cheapest I found on comparison websites was 1500

£2000 is the cheapest i found so fa rnow but i will call who you said Tomcat hopefully get it down but buy about a grand i dont think its likely lol

I'm 21 with 1 years NCB just got a quote with my mum and dad on my policy for £805 with Admiral with £350 excess..

I'm with kwik fit they were the cheapest i could find i'm 25 now so its a bit different but i found kwik fit and admiral have been the cheapest over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would pay extra when your young to protect your NCB untill you hit 25. One claim takes off 2 years, 3 years in theory as you lose that year in which youve claimed. Admiral im with now for £710 down to 3 years NCB im over 25 though. However I didnt realise this but even if you have 10 years No claims your seen as still as having only 5 and any claim youll be taken down to 3 years! (4 depending on the claim)....stupid RWD and roundabouts -_-

Pfft, just had my renewal. I'm 26 with 6 years NCD & a clean licence & limited mileage at around 6000 miles (dont need it for work). My insurance last year was £1350, renewal was £1488. Rang around loads of places, Admiral, Adrian Flux, Greenlight, Chris Knotts etc. etc. Most were asking for around £1800
Cheapest I got was back down to £1354 by ringing my current insurer (Sky) & asking if they could move at all on the price. Annoys the **** out of me seeing 21 year olds with it under a grand. Ive got a couple of mods sure (exhaust, induction kit & lowered), but surely it still shouldnt cost that much!!!

I got my CTR at 21 I paid £800 22 I paid £690 im now 25 and my last payment was £640 7 years no claims!! it just wont budge!

I think insurance is a scam from top to bottom. When I first got my Civic it was £1800 for the first year. I'd always been on somebody else's policy, been driving for 10 years, no accidents or claims. Bought the Aston 5 weeks later, £1700 for the year, exact same policy.

How does that work out, £5000 Civic - £1800 a year against a £40,000 Aston - £1700 a year. Wouldnt mind but I almost crashed the Aston more than I did the Civic. Luckily I havent crashed either.

Im 22 and was worried when I got my first points this year. all 6 of them mind.
got 5 years ncb though and am with admiral for £800, girlfriends a named driver on the policy which helps a lot as shes got around 8 years ncb and zero points

When i got my FN2 i phoned around the main performance insures, Flux, swinton etc and was getting quotes around £800 mark. Then tried sainsburys just on the off chance as my wife is with them and i now insure it for £314 a year. I'm 32 with 10 years ncb and parked on driveway. I think thats rather good.

Also the anglia cost's me £119 a year unlimited millage all mods declared, bearing in mind it's a road going hill sprint car it aint slow. Thats through RH insurance.

MFNick your really paying over the top there mate. What gets me is similar to what tom says, my Peugeot307 2.0 90bhp diesel is £500 a year...only £210 difference between that an a type r? I thought to myself whats the freaking point of driving a shed to save £210 a year! Its all these whiplash cases so they say...I call bullshit on that its a scapegoat to put everyones insurance up a minimum of £200 in most cases. For example my dad has had his ford focus for 10 years, his first insurance was £250 and this year its £500. Lets get real if a claim is made then the brunt of these increases should be on their shoulders not ours.

wow some ridiculous quotes here mind!!! I paid £870 for my 03 EP3.... 25 years old, 0 no claims, and had a couple of claims a few years back

thats with Bell.co.uk, who have always been the cheapest for me regardless of car

Back