• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Jonny's New Pride and Joy

After months and months of searching for a clean one here she is .....

My 2005 unmolested Mitsubishi Evoloution IX MR FQ 340 32000 miles on the clock and a F/S/H from Ralliart :twisted:

Ive already lowered the car with a set of tien Super Street Coilovers and springs and added a HKS SQV blowoff valve and Blitz Turbo Timer.

Ive bought and waiting to fit a new A-Pillar with 3 Gauge inserts and a boost,Oil temp and Oil pressure gauge and a set of Goodridge Braided Lines

At the moment im blancing the accounts to keep this and the CTR on the road, so no more mods for a few months then the Evo's going in for ARP Engine studs to strengthen her up for the eventual mods to get the car in to the 400/400 club and the above parts will be fitted then aswell.

So far im loving the car its a bit different from the FWD beasty im used to and I cant believe how it hangs on and begs for more power at every bend :lol:

Hope you like her....

Attachments

• evofrntedit..jpg
    evofrntedit..jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 40
  • rearplateedit..jpg
    rearplateedit..jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 35
  • headeditcrop..jpg
    headeditcrop..jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 26
Got your PM. Fudge me that's a nice car, looks like it can shift too. Are you going to have a black/CF bonnet on that to match the CTR? lol.

Got your PM. Fudge me that's a nice car, looks like it can shift too. Are you going to have a black/CF bonnet on that to match the CTR? lol.

LOL im happy as it is for now its all about the innards of this one mate

Last edited by a moderator:
So what sort of mods will you need to get it up another 60bhp?

Usual stuff mate, Exhaust , In take filter and remap should do it " apparentley " but im not too clued up on the Evo yet...apart from she has huge capability to be tuned.Just keep searching the MLR forum same as I do for the CTR mate

Sounds good, wouldnt have thought it would need to be strengthened though? Am I right in thinking with the Evo FQs, it's the same engine throughout the range but with a different map to alter the power output?

Sounds good, wouldnt have thought it would need to be strengthened though? Am I right in thinking with the Evo FQs, it's the same engine throughout the range but with a different map to alter the power output?

Thats pretty much it and a green panel filter or exhaust as the range goes up I think .....

The strenghtening is for peace of mind up to 400 bhp mate

Well if you have the wonga it certainly wont hurt the car, no doubt once you have got used to the power it will be upped anyway :p

Its still managing to scare me and put me in my place at times but im going to be looking at modding the beast .

I love the feel of 340 horses and all that grip, so 400 and all that grip and torque will be great fun :twisted:

All to be fitted mate got loads of carbon fibre bits slam panel, vortex generator and centre console ....oh and a set of rota boosts

Huge Update with piccys

So as i had a misfortunate incident with my CTR and a tree, I havent posting very much with a mangled foot and loads of work on....However with all the work comes modding tokens for the Evo.

After buying the car a walbro 255 fuel pump, 3" decat , 3-port solenoid and HKS intake kit were fitted ready for a remap, after hunting for a mapper I found a very highly recommended geekmapper and the date was set.

While waiting a set of tein coilovers were added to help with handling and braided brake lines to help the pedal fell under foot and a HKS SSQV BOV.

After mapping the car at a RR day , the car made a miserable 356 bhp/349 ft/lbs torque....MISERABLE I Hear you cry...for the mods I expected alot more and sttod dumbstruck looking at my figures feeling rather sorry for myself.
On looking at the power graph, the delivery was very rocky and peaking all over the place, so a word with the mapper and I was told I should have fitted a dawes device !!!

Driving home, I had serious fuel cut issues on boost, which can lead to you meeting a rod in the engine bay, after limping home I called the mapper and asked for my data graphs, 10 mins later he calls and says he forgot to set my max boost level and he is very sorry :mad: I was not a happy boy considering he could of cost me my engine in my 3 month old car !!!

So the search was on for a new tuner and I came across Indigo-GT in Merthyr Tydfill, a 3 hour drive from me but feedback was great and after a chat on the phone I felt confident I was in safe hands.

On arrival I was pleased to see two CTR's one turbo'd and one supercharged :twisted:
the car was serviced and some carbon added as well as a Blitz Nur-spec cat back, the car was then re-mapped and I was a very happy boy indeed, on the drive home over the brecon beacons I had a grin from ear to ear for 3 hours :twisted:

My evo was now sounding like and going like an Evo, with 400/400 underneath your boot the jump from the CTR was noticeable to say the least.

A few trips to Japan saw me bring back some choice bits and pieces and plenty more carbon.

Heres a pic of how the car looked after the bits were added

P1030525.jpg

I had to stick to my Honda roots and fitted a set of Tegiwa bonnet lifters too :lol:

P1030462.jpg

After a winter of not driving the Evo and hunting for my next mods, it was decided a new set of rims and a spray job was needed for the chips on the wheels and the car, as well as a Apexi boost solenoid, AVC-R boost controller,MORE CARBON (at this point I realised I had a fetish, rather than fight it I embraced it :twisted:), 3" Custom fab elbow and downpipe, JMF exhaust manifold ,AMS Front Mount Intercooler, Spec-R alloy catch can,resovoirs. JMF Batt Tray with race batt , 365 mm Alcon 6 pot brake kit on Ferodo pads at the front and 18" Rota G-force alloys in Gunmetal.

The list was made and I was booked in for end of Feb to have it all done, then I stacked the CTR in to a Oak tree and broke a bone in my foot, tearing a tendon and two ligaments in my knee, I was gutted MY BABY had died and I had KILLED her.

I was unable to drive for 3 months so I missed my spot at the garage and all parts were held or backordered I was gutted by it all and wanted to pack it all in but most of the money had been spent on parts and I wasn't going to let it beat me and after returning from China for work, I hit the ground running (limping) and a date was booked in for the end of May.

I dropped her off and waited for the call, numerous niggles arrived while doing the work and the Alcon break kit is still on back order to be fitted on the 20th of June.

I picked the car up yesterday and it is AWESOME !! Im yet to have it on a RR but the figures were hoping for are 425-435 bhp and around the same in torque. The car is now a totally different beast and im chuffed ive got it near to where I want it, Im waiting on a few more carbon bits from the USA like carbon side skirts and corner splitters and some defi gauges then im saving for a stroker kit LOL :lol::D

Sorry its a novel but its been a long old journey :)

Heres some pics as she is now, I will update after ive had time to clean her up tomorrow hopefully, Hope to see you all at a few shows with her soon

P1030728.jpg

P1030731.jpg

P1030733.jpg

P1030732.jpg

and a quick shot of my new gauge pod and steering wheel cover

P1030736.jpg

P1030739.jpg

Back