• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Ep3 Moog Ball Joint Wrong Part No at ECP

Just a heads up for anyone who may buy MOOG ball joints for EP3 from Euro Car Parts in future. If you search for part via reg plate on ECP site it actually gives you a ball joint that is incompatible with all EP models and is actually for a 95-01 CRV ECP part no: 617750477. Part that is needed is ECP part no 617600367. This is listed as not suitable for Type R models on ECP parts list which is incorrect

Just thought I’d post, even it saves 1 person the hassle I’ve had over the last few days, there are only very slight differences between the two parts which is why I’d didn’t notice until I had installed it all back together and the castle nut ran out of thread before it was tight. Need to do it all again now, the joys....

That's one thing I don't like about ECP - they only quote their part number with no cross reference to any makers part number.
For example Sachs rear shocks for the FN2. Sachs have replaced the old number with a superseded part but from ECP website you have no idea which one they have in stock - oh, and they are more expensive than other suppliers for that particular part anyway.

That's one thing I don't like about ECP - they only quote their part number with no cross reference to any makers part number.
For example Sachs rear shocks for the FN2. Sachs have replaced the old number with a superseded part but from ECP website you have no idea which one they have in stock - oh, and they are more expensive than other suppliers for that particular part anyway.
Yes this is the issue I faced, once I obtained the manufacturer part number there was no way to confirm if it was correct on ECP website. Also their fitment details information is painfully limited on a host of items. I only use them because they usually have items for pick up within the hour which is handy. But will be more weary in future in terms of part numbers!

Back