• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Newbs Rough Around The Edges EP3

Could be? Are the Legalis R's throaty? Mine tends to be fairly quiet up until about 3500rpm where the tone goes really deep

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Cheers guys, just been out to look at the filter and its a K&N and is in need of replacement. So the Tegiwa intake is now top priority asap. I had a look at the exhaust too and can't seem to see any manufacturer markings so may be custom. On closer inspection I don't think it is the Legalis R as the pipes are cut at an angle rather than straight

Welcome Newb! Glad you decided to post yours up, looking forward to seeing the progress.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Firstly, I have settled on a name for my EP3. Another love of mine is Ghostbusters (both original movies) so what better name than Tully to give a Type R.

Had a little spare time this week which is rare so I had a little play with some paint.

I bagged a full centre console for £30 Inc postage off Ebay which I was very happy about. The console was in very good nick which gave me a great platform to start from.

I really like the black console I have in "Tully" but wanted to add a splash of colour to the interior and also give me the option of a Double Din stereo. I grabbed some sandpaper, halfords white primer and halfords Milan Red paint.

Sanded, primed and painted, this is the final finish.

Popped the door handle pieces in and think it looks great. I also want to do this to the dial cover once I figure out how to get it off :)
4ed3b2e61960a70374ffe96065c073d7.jpg
eb2356b89e17ce940e4ddf543983d8a3.jpg
b03b97099badce4f26ac334e0da00988.jpg

Looks like a good job, be nice to see what the centre console looks like fitted.

Thanks Tuck. Hopefully got a few bits coming in next week and then I can start buying my audio components

Been doing a bit of shopping and will hopefully have a decent update to this thread in the very near future.

In the meantime I have been looking at the TDI North website and they do a Engine Tuning package which includes the k100 and mapping. I can add a DC sports 4-2-1 manifold and TDI 3" exhaust also which is tempting as i can get all the work done at once.

It states that the DC 4-2-1 Decat won't pass an MOT, is this the case? I'm sure I have seen/heard of daily drivers having this fitted? Can anyone clear this up for me please?

Thanks in advance

Any decat will fail an MOT. People that have one either have a friendly MOT tester or they refit a cat just for the test.

If you want to be road legal then get something woth a sports cat or a DC5 manifold.

The ideal thing to do is find a setup where you can swap the decat over easily come MOT time and then back again once she's passed.

I'll look into the sports cat and DC5 manifold.

I'm on limited time as I'm a chef so changing over probably wouldn't be realistic for me unfortunately.

Really appreciate your input mate

So first significant update in this thread whoop whoop. Thanks to everyone's guidance I decided to get rid of the K&N filter and splurge out on a Tegiwa Intake which arrived this morning. I snagged this for £250 brand new, never used which I was really happy about although I have a few concerns with the screws that have come with it.

I have 5 screws in total (4 x 15mm, 1 x 20mm) and 2 nuts. Is that the complete set?

The scuttle scoop screws with the Tegiwa branding are missing too. I have emailed the seller to see if he has them but also emailed Tegiwa direct to see if they have these for sale. If anyone has a spare scuttle scoop fixing kit I will gladly take it off your hands for an agreed price.

I love the look of this thing and can't wait to get it installed. I was going to do it before my dinner service tonight but I can't without the scoop fittings

I also treated myself to the Tegiwa silicone pipes which will work nicely with the intake.
3b52cf1015636999222a02ff22a5f9c6.jpg
d57ea9ff80bc9801d6431d7db3e45ecb.jpg
7deab91d287561ee0546949ad260658b.jpg

Treated myself to a new double din head unit. Plumped for the Kenwood DDX 4016BT and so far it's been a dream. I also installed my Milano Red centre console

178814b52075fcba413d05b4f6e892db.jpg

Back