• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Newbs Rough Around The Edges EP3

Finally got my Tegiwa intake fitted. I managed to fit it myself which I'm really happy about (this is my first leap into car modding). Boy does this thing add some deep tones to the already throaty exhaust. Very happy indeed.
8aa34a626324b6ac485775307a39a328.jpg

Looks like you done a good job too. There's plenty you can do on your own to keep costs down, almost everything has been covered on EP3's by now and you can find guides for most of it!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks Tuck. I really appreciate the kind words. This place is a gold mine of info

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

So a new noise is occurring from gears 1 to 5. It sounds like it is coming from the front wheel/s and disappears as soon as I hit 6th gear. It is mainly at low speed throughout gears 1-5. I have tried getting videos of the noise to no affect. It's a kind of whistle/whine, Does anyone have any ideas what this may be at all?

Aux belt makes a noise but not so much since I sprayed it. Pulleys maybe? I have tried to get a vid to no avail so far

You sprayed the actual belt? Or the pulleys? If it was the tensioner/idler pulley you'd be able to video the noise pretty easy. You can always pop the belt off and spin them and see how they go. My idler was goosed and it was the sort of whiney rattle you get with dry/finished bearings - but you could only hear it above the engine noise at low speed.

I changed the belt on mine which helped, but there was still a slight noise, so changed the top pulley and that sorted it. Whatever it is though, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can't get the noise on video by popping the hood and nudging the throttle cable to get the revs up it's unlikely to be aux area to be fair??!

You sprayed the actual belt? Or the pulleys? If it was the tensioner/idler pulley you'd be able to video the noise pretty easy. You can always pop the belt off and spin them and see how they go. My idler was goosed and it was the sort of whiney rattle you get with dry/finished bearings - but you could only hear it above the engine noise at low speed.

I've sprayed the belt mate. The belt initially made noise when cold after a night of rain. I was thinking it was the bearings but I have no clue as I'm a novice. I might take it to ATS to see if they can determine the cause

I changed the belt on mine which helped, but there was still a slight noise, so changed the top pulley and that sorted it. Whatever it is though, good luck.

Thanks mate. Doing my head in. I just want it sorted lol

Have you got an independent garage near you? I would be afraid of ATS trying to charge you for diagnosis. :(

Not sure mate, I would have to research it. Grinspeed is 40 mins away but I can't be without my car as I have to travel for work

Welcome in buddy. Thread is a good read so far, glad to see your enjoying it and have the modding bug!

Has your timing chain been chained? Maybe something to consider at that mileage. My EP3 used to whine in 4th, which apparently was quite common and was just the chain, but nothing to worry about (IIRC). If it's in more gears might be something to do with that? I'm quite a mechanical noob myself though but just a thought!

Thanks guys. I don't think it's the Aux belt as I lubed it up a few weeks ago. My timing belt hasn't been changed yet but was on the list to do at about 100k. I may have to take it up to Grinspeed to get it looked at

Hi mate, I didn't and its now too late. The car was written off this morning after an accident on the motorway. Absolutely devastated

No way! Main thing is that you're ok but that's crap news mate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back