• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Newbs Rough Around The Edges EP3

Thanks mate. Lost traction as i accelerated onto the motorway from a 50 zone which sent me into a spin. This is the result.......
da16f92691bff4fd23e6458864d0945c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Two months :( That's not long enough to have even gotten used to the quirks of the poor thing. Glad you're okay. Cars can at least be replaced.

Yup, it has been the best 2 months of my car owning time mate. I fell in love way back in 2006 and fell even more in love when I had 1 for myself. Thanks man

Very sorry to hear mate, bad luck. Road must have been well slick :(

Will you be looking for another?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. Only thing I can think is I've hit some standing water. The arse twitched which sent it into the barrier and the rest in history.

I would love another mate but all depends on the payout of the insurance etc

Must have been some standing water, seems odd for it to lose its arse end! Gutted for you, hopefully the insurance pay out enough to move you along. Only other downside is going to be the next insurance quote I'd imagine. Hope it goes well bud

I'm really puzzled as I wasn't giving it the beans or anything. The rear drivers side tyre was deflated but that could have been from the impact. Yeah future insurance could be an issue which is also depressing

Ouch. Gutted for you. At least you are OK, that's the main thing. Hope you can get another one sorted asap.

I'm really puzzled as I wasn't giving it the beans or anything. The rear drivers side tyre was deflated but that could have been from the impact. Yeah future insurance could be an issue which is also depressing

All it takes is slacking off the throttle on a bend if the ground is wet/slippery enough. Failing that one of those metal expander-joints on a ramp, rear loses traction and all of a sudden you're looking at traffic that was formerly behind you. Mostly recoverable, but only if you're aware of it.

Thanks mate. Only thing I can think is I've hit some standing water. The arse twitched which sent it into the barrier and the rest in history.

Was it a straight road?

Yeah if it was a bend definitely sounds like lift off over steer, then if you hit the brakes this would have made things worse

All it takes is slacking off the throttle on a bend if the ground is wet/slippery enough. Failing that one of those metal expander-joints on a ramp, rear loses traction and all of a sudden you're looking at traffic that was formerly behind you. Mostly recoverable, but only if you're aware of it.
Good to know if I hopefully get another. Thanks again mate

Was it a straight road?

Yeah if it was a bend definitely sounds like lift off over steer, then if you hit the brakes this would have made things worse
No mate it was a steady bend. Think you may be right mate

Good to know if I hopefully get another. Thanks again mate

There's a roundabout near me with awful camber (almost like the roundabout itself is the peak of a small conical hill). I've had a few scary moments in the EP3 and I've ended up nose-in to it in my Prelude once, all it takes is a little water and entering it a little too fast (leading to accidental/unthinking lift-off oversteer) :/

There's a roundabout near me with awful camber (almost like the roundabout itself is the peak of a small conical hill). I've had a few scary moments in the EP3 and I've ended up nose-in to it in my Prelude once, all it takes is a little water and entering it a little too fast (leading to accidental/unthinking lift-off oversteer) :/
Sounds pretty plausible that it could have been the cause of my accident. Thanks mate, I've been playing things over and over in my head and this has really helped

As long as your o.k, that's the main thing. Stay positive and I'm sure you will be in another one before too long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back