• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 OEM Alarm

I've had a flat battery last week, and brought a brand new battery from a local dealer. As soon as I reconnect the battery the OEM alarm were ON at all time, I couldn't even switch it off with the Key fob. If there anyone ever have experienced this problem, please advised what to do next.

I've been told I could either switch it off via the control unit where it is normally locate at the rear quarter and it is hard to get to. Someone else also suggested that I could try remove the fuse for the alarm itself. I am just wondering if there is any more suggestion from anybody from here.

Much appreciated with your comments and suggestion.

Have you got the wallet with all different booklets in?
Theres 1 about the alarm
I think it has forgotten the fob
Try to add your fob onto the system
it explains how to in the book

Just a guess but might be the problem

If you havent got it let me know and i will write it up on here when i get a chance

Hope this helps

Thanks for your advise.

I have connected the battery today and it still hasn't worked properly. I believe the key fob doesn't work, as soon as I use the key to open the door the alarm will go off until all the doors and bonnet is closed. I have left the battery connected and see what happens in the morning. I don't really know what to do from here and if I seek advise from dealer, all they will do is to ask to have the alarm replace which will cost £££££.

May I ask? if you don't mine I will be much appreciated if you can supply the information as I don't have the booklets.

Yeah no problem. I will write it up tomorrow for you
When i read it its a bit long winded but im sure it will be easy to do
It sounds like the car has forgotten the fob so hopefully when you pair it all will be ok

The other option is to reset it with a diagnostic computer if you have one

Just remembered. Sorry mate i will write it up as soon as i get back from work
Had a bit of a binge weekend

Is ok mate. At least I know someone is willing to offer to help out. I take it you're fairly new to this forum?

It says

Adding handsets to the system
Disarm the system and immediatly turn ignition on off on off on
Then within 10 seconds press raised button of existing handset 3 times
The indicators or led will illuminate

Press raised button of new fob once and led will extinguish
Press again and indicators will extinguish
Then adding is complete

If no handsets are programmed onto the system it will go into normal mode after 15 seconds

It can hold up to 5 fobs at a time

It also says

To disconnect a battery from vehicle
Disarm alarm then remover a terminal

When installing the battery turn alarm on and it will beep to show its working correctly

And it says

The fobs are designed to transmit a new code with each press

So if trying the ignition add on doesnt work you need to find a way to get the alarm to recognise the fob somehow

Is ok mate. At least I know someone is willing to offer to help out. I take it you're fairly new to this forum?

Yeah, only been a member for a few months but i have been on other fourms like zsoc when i had my pumesta and 106owners when i had my 106

This is by far the best i have been on

Thanks very much dude. It sound complicated but I will give it a go since I'm away from home until weekend.

Some it may be the backup in the alarm is playing up and there is a chance where it can be replaced. But, I am not 100% sure if that will work or not. At least the car is alarmed now. Both of the fob doesn't work now, I can only use the keys to open and closed doors and bonnet. The alarm will go off, it will only stopped until all doors are closed. Although the battery is fully charged now, one of my mate who works in Honda suggested that I may even need to buy a brand battery as the old one was flat. It is hard to get it back to its full potential.

Anyway much appreciated for your effort, I will keep you posted whatever happens. This may help other people on here.

Ok no problem

Im not sure if a new battery would change anything if the battery in it is fully charged

You need to find a way for the car to except the fob if reprogramming doesnt do it

Yes mate, I am unsure how to get to the control unit, but I'll have to spend sometime to get to it. I know is in the OSR but need to buy tools to remove the interior and try not to damage anything.

Keep me posted on progress
Im supprised someone else hasnt had this problem or have a answer that could fix it

It must be a rare problem

Next few weeks! I would be throwing things around going mad :D

Couldnt deal with this i would want to be driving it

I usually only reply if i know something or have done it when someone has a problem
Everyone must be the same, i have never heard of a problem like this so im guessing others havent

Good thread. Need to buy a new fob as one of mine is hammered. MKB90 - is the raised button the larger one on the fob? IS there diagrams in the book? If so I will have a look this evening. I didnt know you could do this.

Back