• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 or FN2

as the proud owner of a 56 plate FN2 i just wondered what EP3 drivers thought of the FN2, would they be changing in the future or keeping it till the bitter end :)

I test drove one when i had my ep3 and didn't like it. Was too refined for what i thought i type r should be.

They are OK, certainly more refined than an EP3, but I don't think as 'driver focused' as the EP3. More of a 'tamed down Type R' in stoick guise.

i test drove both before i decided on the FN2, i dont know what it was but i didnt feel the power as much as the FN2, i know its the same but it didnt feel as grunty as the new one...

i test drove both before i decided on the FN2, i dont know what it was but i didnt feel the power as much as the FN2, i know its the same but it didnt feel as grunty as the new one...

Are you saying the FN2 seemed to have more grunt than the EP3?

They lowered the VTEC point on the FN2 and messed about with the ratios. The induction note as standard is also much better on the FN2.

Are you saying the FN2 seemed to have more grunt than the EP3?

They lowered the VTEC point on the FN2 and messed about with the ratios. The induction note as standard is also much better on the FN2.

yes mate i am, it just seemed to have more there...

Ive started thinking about the next project after the EP3 is finished, something that I can track and maybe enter Time Attack, basically something that will go around corners. As stated above you can get a DC5 for the money of a FN2, and I was swaying towards the DC5, but after hearing about Paul's FN2 at Time Attack over the weekend, Im seriously considering a FN2.

Saying this though, it will be a few years before I start my next project, and it will probably be whatever is cheaper at that time.

FN2 looks horrible without mugen wing, gp bodykit thing,, black alloys, lowered etc. Standard FN2 looks *****, sorry :(

So these look OK then Dave in your opinion?

575324_423188107699430_248878411797068_1569218_952822389_n.jpg

578276_423194187698822_248878411797068_1569317_1717306337_n.jpg

DSC_6025.jpg

DSC_6595_EXPOSURE.jpg

:lol:

Seriously though, with what I've spent I could be rolling around in an E92 M3. I know I didn't spend it all at once and it's M3 prices now but still and I've lost about half that money in the 28 months I've had the car. :(

yes Loxy I can honestly admit this one absolutely looks better than my prem EP3.

575324_423188107699430_248878411797068_1569218_952822389_n.jpg

The other one has **** alloys, and the last one is just a regular silver FN2?

I don't have any hatred or hidden agenda against the FN2, I can easily afford one but fundamentally I just think the shape and appearance is all wrong, regardless of whatever else may be good about it. This is set in my mind and I cannot get over it as much as I try. But I realise everyones brains work differently because another thing I cannot stand is white OEM alloys, even on champ white cars. I f*cking hate it, yet i'm well aware that the majority disagree with me and think it looks awesome. that's just how it is :D

Also my name is not Dave i'm afraid, if I had a pound for every fake account on CTRO i'd be driving that mugen RR that was up for sale few weeks ago :p

The last two pics, silver car, is mine. :p

Both taken on the same weekend. That has the GP kit, front and rear bumpers, on it, but OEM 18" alloys. To be fair it is a dark one of the rear.

Sdc12563.jpg

Sdc12548.jpg

Mechanically it's the same as the black one except the black one has Toda A3 cams, FD2 pistons and some port matching and I've got Skunk2 stage 1 cams at the moment. Exactly same torque figures, the black one has 12 bhp more.

Cosmetically the black one has the Mugen front and rear bumpers, Mugen grill and the wing. The dark wheels are 18" Rota P1s, the silver ones are 17" Oz Superleggeras. £5k I didn't want to spend on aero!

I didn't think the Dave Smith email address was legit ether. :p

Well i think a standard fn2 only looks nice from the side view,the front and the rear make me get a little sick taste in my mouth. ep3 all the way for me other than that id go for an integra.

yeah i've read your thread before but i'm not a fan of silver either i'm afraid, i'm sure you won't lose any sleep over my opinion though

This is the only FN2 i'd consider buying, I don't even care if it's stock engine wise, the bodywork just looks awesome. infact there was a NHB with similar styling for 11 grand, would have made sense to buy it tbh.

dsc0012nny.jpg

dsc0013fe.jpg

Make yours like this (without the stickers, with tinted rears and JDM deflectors) and you will have won my approval :p

Currently there are only 3 FN2's that I would part with cash for. Pauls at TDi, Loxy's and the Dessies White Turbo. Have to agree with 501, Im just not a fan of the styling.

The reason I would buy the above cars is, I know for a fact that they have had money spent on the right mods, and that if I did jump into one it would put a massive smile on my face instantly, whereas a standard FN2 doesn't.

:lol: Dave (I'm still going to call you that :) )

I've got rear tints and there aren't any JDM wind deflectors so the Climairs I've got will have to do. :D

Aye, you can't please everyone. I personally don't like black and red is a common colour. The only colour I wanted was silver. That being said I almost bought a Deep Pearl Bronze.

I personally struggle to like the Mugen wing in silver though.

user30694_pic6566_1302901660.jpg

user30694_pic6846_1305997112.jpg

It wouldn't do if everyone liked the same things. :)

Back