• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 replacement screens??

Got a huge crack in mine so its being replaced tommorow, bloke has just rung back saying the screens for the EP3 now being made are no longer top tinted as they are solar reflective all over (funny colour when you look from outside) and therefore dont have the tinted area at the top as its not required.

Anyone else come across this?
The solar screen is meant to be far more money but its an excess job so dont bother me.

Cheers
AC 8)

hothatch said:
andycole said:
The screen is in and the only difference is the SOLAR tint to it when you look from outside

AC :D
Does the "solar" screen affect sat nav reception?

Doesnt appear too, TT910 worked fine on the 150 mile drive i did after the new screen was fitted.
Cheers
AC :lol:

Fire_2 said:
u have a honda screen fitted>?

if so how much?

Guess it would have been a windscreen policy job for his insurance.

Just had mine replaced and paid a £60 excess for it.

did ur dc2 have a thinner lighter front screen as standard?

so you needed an offical honda part?

Fire_2 said:
did ur dc2 have a thinner lighter front screen as standard?

so you needed an offical honda part?

Yes it's sourced direct from Honda but Autoglass took care of all that. They order the screen in, fit it etc.. and I pay £60 excess.

i wana offical screen for mine, not a stupid copy with wavey glass like i have on my merc van and mums x5 grrrrr

thanx Mr Hasnic gona give it ago

screen

i dont want to call anyone a lyer but there is no such thing as a lighter front screen for a dc2 or any car for that matter. and the screens that windscreen replacement firms fit are not copys of the originals. they are all made in the same factorys and honda just alocate a certain number of them to have there badges stamped on them. there all made by xxx, or pilkinsons, or tyneside glass etc and so if it is a poor fit then that is down to the fitter.

i dont want to call anyone a lyer but there is no such thing as a lighter front screen for a dc2 or any car for that matter. and the screens that windscreen replacement firms fit are not copys of the originals. they are all made in the same factorys and honda just alocate a certain number of them to have there badges stamped on them. there all made by xxx, or pilkinsons, or tyneside glass etc and so if it is a poor fit then that is down to the fitter.

I thought that it was quite a well known fact that the DC2 and EK9 both had lighter front screen's etc. Not sure if autoglass source it from honda though.

Yes they did, the DC2 Integra Type-R had a lightr front screen as part of the weight saving program.

Also the correct screen replacement wise is a Sekurit screen as others actually have been know not to fit quite so well.

Back