• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 EP3 to DC2

Hey guys

I'm looking to jump from a EP3 type R to a DC2 98 spec, has anyone made this change? If so how did you find the DC2 compared to the EP3

Thanks!

Hey guys

I'm looking to jump from a EP3 type R to a DC2 98 spec, has anyone made this change? If so how did you find the DC2 compared to the EP3

Thanks!

As a daily driver the EP3 is the better choice but the DC2 is a much better drivers car.

Tell him what else you said Chris on itr-dc2. :lol:

I'd choose DC2 everytime. What put me off about the EP3 when I was contemplating one was the fact that not only are they common but I wanted an even more involving drive and to have more exclusivity.
The 1.8 engine is awesome. It just puts such a huge smile on your face.
Having driven the EP3, FN2 and DC2 I felt much more involved and at one with the DC2.
Sure it's louder but I travel to work in mine 18 miles each way every other week and it's fine.
You can use it as a daily driver if your not fussed about creature comforts.

lol....so am I but it's been nearly 6 weeks now and I can't seen the boredom kicking in.
Having owned 25 cars prior to the DC2 I can honestly say I'm like a big kid when it comes to the DC2.
I clean the car matts every day and go and check it in the works car park at lunchtimes etc.
I've got it bad....:lol:

Dude, its Rog lol just signed up here... you already know how awesome DC2's are, and mine was only a lowly UK spec with Spoon bits - remember how you felt after going for a ride in mine - 3 up? That was just with the manilfold, decat and exhaust. It later got stage 1 clutch, lightened flywheel and the Mugen CAI which made further improvements. I was gutted when i had to sell it

I'd say the EP3 has better stability at high speeds and is definately more comfortable. Depending on what modifications you carry out on the DC2 it's actually fine as a daily driver. Mine was stock when i bought it and it was surprisingly refined! Avoid rock hard coilovers and spoon n1 and you will be fine. Why not get a DC5? Best of both worlds! I'm getting a white one so i think you should get yourself a black one lol

Rog!! True, might wait a little longer and get a DC5!, how much you looking to spend on a DC5?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, its Rog lol just signed up here... you already know how awesome DC2's are, and mine was only a lowly UK spec with Spoon bits - remember how you felt after going for a ride in mine - 3 up? That was just with the manilfold, decat and exhaust. It later got stage 1 clutch, lightened flywheel and the Mugen CAI which made further improvements. I was gutted when i had to sell it

I'd say the EP3 has better stability at high speeds and is definately more comfortable. Depending on what modifications you carry out on the DC2 it's actually fine as a daily driver. Mine was stock when i bought it and it was surprisingly refined! Avoid rock hard coilovers and spoon n1 and you will be fine. Why not get a DC5? Best of both worlds! I'm getting a white one so i think you should get yourself a black one lol

EP3 better handling at higher speeds? Blimey...you must of had a dodgy DC2.....
DC2 is nwhere near as vague as the EP3 in it's handling IMO.
Nowt wrong with a Spoon N1 if your not fussed about the noise. lets face it.....you don't buy a DC2 for comfort. The fact is that the spoon n1 b pipe/back box system is one of the very best out there with it's light weight and proven performance, coupled with a de-cat and 4-1 manifold it's a hell of a set up.
The DC5 is a totally different car IMO.
It's the equivalent of the FN2 to the EP3 = Just more refined.
The only way you'll find out is to drive them.
Don't just rag the hell out of it on a test drive, you also need to drive it in traffic.....feel the car more. Then you'll get a better idea.
I'm not saying the others (EP3/DC5) are bad at all....far from it. It's just that there is hardly anything on the road that's close to compare with the DC2....save the older shape CTR.

Thanks for the info guys, like you said, its best to test drive a DC5 & DC2 and see how i find it. I have driven a DC5 a few years ago and it was superb! Never driven a DC2 but been a passenger (thanks rog) and it was brilliant.

DC2s are for forward thinking hardcore chaps, the kind of people who would think nothing of disarming a terrorist about to blow up a tube train, to use themselves as a human shield and even after the explosion and subsequent injuries, find time to adjust their clothing to ensure they looked good. Then they would pull a survivor of the attack and take them home for a damn good rogering.

EP3 owner would stand behind you during the attack, lean out from behind you, shake a fist and say "YEAH". Then slope off with a fat bird who was a bit dazed from the blast.

Get a DC2.

DC2s are for forward thinking hardcore chaps, the kind of people who would think nothing of disarming a terrorist about to blow up a tube train, to use themselves as a human shield and even after the explosion and subsequent injuries, find time to adjust their clothing to ensure they looked good. Then they would pull a survivor of the attack and take them home for a damn good rogering.

EP3 owner would stand behind you during the attack, lean out from behind you, shake a fist and say "YEAH". Then slope off with a fat bird who was a bit dazed from the blast.

Get a DC2.

True for JDM owners. UKDM can FOAD.

True for JDM owners. UKDM can FOAD.

"check out this sticker - it means "learner driver" in Japan, how rad is that? I mean, some random Japanese guy used to own this and like, drive around the mountains in it, like Initial D and that, proper wicked. Check it out! there's even like, a FLARE in the footwell, how crazy is that? And like, customs didn't seize it or nuffin, it's like, ILLEGAL In the UK! UKDM is like, proper whack. Looks like a messed up Celica with those lights. Mine looks like what? A Calibra? This is JDM man, didn't even have the gearnob on it when it arrived......yeah they have to put it in with the paperwork in case it gets nicked during shipping cos the JDM ones are like, rare and ****. Yeah it came from an auction, it was grade 16.7, only thing that let it down was that the Domokun toy on the mirror had some stiching loose, probably from like, a race or something. No UKDMs come from auctions man, you have to like, buy privately or from a dealer or something over here. Sometimes you have to even like, MEET the guy you buy it from.....I know.....whack. I love anything JDM me. Its like, JDM yeah?"

"check out this sticker - it means "learner driver" in Japan, how rad is that? I mean, some random Japanese guy used to own this and like, drive around the mountains in it, like Initial D and that, proper wicked. Check it out! there's even like, a FLARE in the footwell, how crazy is that? And like, customs didn't seize it or nuffin, it's like, ILLEGAL In the UK! UKDM is like, proper whack. Looks like a messed up Celica with those lights. Mine looks like what? A Calibra? This is JDM man, didn't even have the gearnob on it when it arrived......yeah they have to put it in with the paperwork in case it gets nicked during shipping cos the JDM ones are like, rare and ****. Yeah it came from an auction, it was grade 16.7, only thing that let it down was that the Domokun toy on the mirror had some stiching loose, probably from like, a race or something. No UKDMs come from auctions man, you have to like, buy privately or from a dealer or something over here. Sometimes you have to even like, MEET the guy you buy it from.....I know.....whack. I love anything JDM me. Its like, JDM yeah?"

Hype

Get a DC2.

Don't post in here a lot and snoop - but that quote is awesome !!! :D

So true though. The DC2 must have been so dodgy if the EP3 handled better. Everytime I think about getting rid of mine and go for a drive, she reminds me why I love her so much and just how good she is. It is a car that makes your heart beat, not many cars do that! and mine only has Eibachs and a Mugen CAI.

Back