• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX ep3 to s2000

I went from an EVO 8 to an S2000 and I really didn't like it.
For me, the handling isn't as good as everyone says it is. It seemed to tramline quite a bit and never really felt planted when going quick. This might sound weird but to me the car felt long and narrow.

Driving it around town in the summer was a dream. With the roof down and the sun in your face it really is fantastic. Shame our summers aren't very long!!

As for the engine. They're really not that quick. Everyone harps on about the 9000 rpm limit but it doesn't seem to rev very fast. I've driven Chris's DC5 quite a few times and it revs much faster than the S2000!!

Just my 2p :)

I really like the look of the s2k but its just not a track car seen too many crashed at the side of the track and saw one loose it in a straight line once so this has put me off them but if your not a track nut then I suppose this wont really matter.

I went from an EVO 8 to an S2000 and I really didn't like it.
For me, the handling isn't as good as everyone says it is. It seemed to tramline quite a bit and never really felt planted when going quick. This might sound weird but to me the car felt long and narrow.

Driving it around town in the summer was a dream. With the roof down and the sun in your face it really is fantastic. Shame our summers aren't very long!!

As for the engine. They're really not that quick. Everyone harps on about the 9000 rpm limit but it doesn't seem to rev very fast. I've driven Chris's DC5 quite a few times and it revs much faster than the S2000!!

Just my 2p :)

Out of interest what do you drive now?

I test drove another S2000 last weekend but unfortunately the guy sold it mid week. I look at a DC5 as being too similar to what I have now to be able to justify paying higher insurance premiums. I agree with you that the K-series feels more willing to rev.

Evo's and Imprezas are a real blast but Type R's seem to be a happy medium with a bit of performance without all the expense of a high performance motor.

I like S2000 i wouldnt mind one the only thing that puts me off is the digital dial cluster not my thing really

I've just placed a deposit for one but i still drive my FN2 everyday. Have to say, hearing people say the F not as good as the K is worrying me a bit. Is there really that much of a difference that people were actually unhappy with their buys?

Last edited by a moderator:
They are both great engines and I'm still very keen on getting an S2000.

I wouldn't say I got out feeling disappointed it just wasn't as responsive as the K series. But then the handling was great, the gearbox has an amazing shift and I love the shape of them.

If the S2000 could float & turn into a speed boat then that would be cool. Not my cup of tea & you can pick up Porsche boxters for peanuts nowadays too.

Out of interest what do you drive now?

I test drove another S2000 last weekend but unfortunately the guy sold it mid week. I look at a DC5 as being too similar to what I have now to be able to justify paying higher insurance premiums. I agree with you that the K-series feels more willing to rev.

Evo's and Imprezas are a real blast but Type R's seem to be a happy medium with a bit of performance without all the expense of a high performance motor.

I took the S2000 to Scotland for a week (very wet!) and it tried to kill me twice. So I sold it and got another EVO.
As I'm off to Afghanistan in Sept I'm thinking of selling the evo and getting a cheap runaround to sit in the garage while I'm away. Looking at the 2.2 preludes :) Had one before and loved it.

Code:
If the S2000 could float & turn into a speed boat then that would be cool. Not my cup of tea & you can pick up Porsche boxters for peanuts nowadays too.

Funnily enough a car that floats and turns into a speed boat is not a requirement for my next car.

For £12-£13k you get a much newer, lower mileage S2000 than you would a Boxster which has a similar level of performance. I did think about a Boxster but then you get Porsche servicing costs which are a complete joke. Following on from EP3 ownership I wanted to stay with the Honda brand as my experience has been faultless.

I really like the look of the s2k but its just not a track car seen too many crashed at the side of the track and saw one loose it in a straight line once so this has put me off them but if your not a track nut then I suppose this wont really matter.

Personally i think they make a great track car, look at the J's and Amuse car's for example.
Ive not binned mine yet.

Personally i think they make a great track car, look at the J's and Amuse car's for example.
Ive not binned mine yet.

I can't really argue whether the S2K is a good track car or not having never driven one but out of all the Honda's I've seen crash on track days half of them have been S2K's which is quite an accomplishment as they have been the fewest in numbers on the track days I've attended.

The ones that haven't binned it are usually among the slowest Honda's on the track just my experience though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last trackday i was on the most popular car to bin it was the Lotus boys, and you cant say thats down to the car.

The common denominator in both is **** driving.

Back