• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 EP3 Type R Correct Idle/Rev level

Hi,

I have an 05' EP3 Civic Type R. Can someone tell me once the engine is warmed up what the rev counter should be sitting at when car is sitting stationary. I always remembered mine sat at 500rpm; I think it's about 1700/1800 from cold start then it slowly drops as the engine heats up.

Picture below is what its sitting at - does that look right? Looks to be about 800 which looks a bit high. Would appreciate if anyone can advise.

20160404_105445.jpg

Embarrasingly as much as I love cars i don't know much about them technically.......I have had it 5 years so you'd think I'd remember.....although I've been away on business so not driven it in 3 weeks until today so maybe just paranoid if all is actually as it should be.

Thanks........maybe just paranoia as not driven in about a month. Kept staring at the counter on the way to work and it felt like something was wrong!

Hi, I had the same problem and fitted this and it fixed it...

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/Idle-Air-Assist-Delete-Kit_p_33.html

It's a cold air assist valve. If you took the manifold off, you'd see the air would enter from the pipe into a cavity on the cylinder head. There's very small pin holes above the injectors where the air would then be drawn in. As the coolant warms up, it closes this valve but gets lazy and takes ages to close.
It's not really needed. It helps with emissions on cold start up.

crowds

Yes mine sits at 800 - 900 when warm also. When cold mine is at about 1800-2000 then starts dropping. I believe when you have a k100 installed it can sit at around 2500-2700 when cold.

Thanks folks. Random paranoia after having not driven for a while, that's probably the longest I've never driven it. Thanks for all the replies.

Back