• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Type R ebay induction kit.. IT WORKS!!

Ive never been a fan of spending money where its not needed, my sportex b-pipe for example, £60, 45 minutes to fit and a good noise after..

So following on from this i just went for it and bought the £35.99 ebay induction kit for my EP3 civic type R. Got free next day tracked delivery with DPD, arrived on time, all boxed up nice...

img1677gv.jpg

Some of the welding

img1679py.jpg

Mesh cotton filter

img1680d.jpg

Pipework, silicone hoses and jubilee clips

img1681ho.jpg

So i went that night and tried to fit it, was a doddle really, old box off induction kit on
Had to make an adaptor to fit my air sensor into (just a perfect sized piece of fibreglass tube i had lying around, then the top breather i just used some silicone pipe i had, didnt use the blue one provided..

img1687ib.jpg

img1688g.jpg

img1686rh.jpg

And hey presto!!

img1689h.jpg

Exactly the same as an AEM v2 or K&N typhoon IMO!
I dont care about gains, and if heatsoak occurs (if it does and i lose power in the summer) just take it off, £35 lost, boohoo :D

Just thought people would be interested in this, because, well, it works. Its a piece of tubing with a filter on, job done

Looks similar to the japspeed one for 59.99 and I thought that was cheap ! Looks good mate I also wondered the difference innpeeformance as some of the other well known brands "k and n" have the same design but are more expensive.

Erm, im not sure if you're a welder but i was and still deal with welding everyday.

The good news is the weld isn't going to take that much stress and will be fine. The bad news is i could probably weld better with the gun in between my bum cheeks :lol:

Looks similar to the japspeed one for 59.99 and I thought that was cheap ! Looks good mate i also wondered the difference innpeeformance as some of the other well known brands "k and n" have the same design but are more expensive.

When i went for a blast i think theres a very slight torque increase and at about 4500-6000, (very slight) seemed to pick up abit quicker, then afterwards felt like vtec! So overall id say no gains, just a sweeeeet noise and very little money spent. Im gonna put a vid up in a minute if you want a listen

Erm, im not sure if you're a welder but i was and still deal with welding everyday.

The good news is the weld isn't going to take that much stress and will be fine. The bad news is i could probably weld better with the gun in between my bum cheeks :lol:

All the welding holds on is the breather hose ports, not exactly a heavy or massively stressed componant of a piece of pipe haha:D

I get what you mean. It's a piece of pipe, not sure how it could be worse than a similar pipe with K&N sticker on the side if it. But I would chuck a reputable make filter on the end of it.

I bet if you mapped that and a K&N similar pipe with the same filter there would be almost no difference if any at all.

You cant really go wrong for that price, I have seen a video on youtube of these and they do sound very nice

VTEC crossover sounds really aggresive :cool:

:lol:

My car came with this set up on and sounds really loud and aggressive, but I've changed the filter as I didn't know how long it had been on.
Good buy mate i say:D.

Just did a 75 mile journey with this filter on, most of the way with my mates rado vr6, fuel consumption the same and the
air filter or pipe wasn't even slightly warm, cold if anything! :)

Back