• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 vs DC5 0-60

Nope, they're pretty much identical to 60, and the Dc5 gets to 100 marginally quicker.

IIRC Evo tested a DC5 though and couldn't crack 60 in under 7 seconds, whereas they could with an EP3.

ah, the accuracy of other forums!

What is Honda's actual statement of DC5 -60 then, and surely if people testing these and other places saying the same, why does the integra seem not to be as fast. Do they weigh a lot more?

...and surely if people testing these and other places saying the same, why does the integra seem not to be as fast. Do they weigh a lot more?
Only evo have it down as slower... I read many articles about the DC5, some have the 0-60 booked as low as 5.6.

The integra is actually lighter than the civic, plus it has more power, I can ensure you it is quicker to 60. ;)

I don't think I could change gear quick enough to tell.

Doubt I could reach the book time of my EP3.

Another point to note is that the Teg redlines at 8,500 RPM rather than 7,800 RPM in the civic. IIRC, the civic redlines in second at 58mph, meaning you have to change to third gear to hit 60mph, whereas you could theoretically make 60 in second gear in the teg. Those gear changes make all the difference. :)

Another point to note is that the Teg redlines at 8,500 RPM rather than 7,800 RPM in the civic. IIRC, the civic redlines in second at 58mph, meaning you have to change to third gear to hit 60mph, whereas you could theoretically make 60 in second gear in the teg. Those gear changes make all the difference. :)

The ep3 ctr redlines at 8,200 rpm's not 7,800, jermal:smt047
also i read in an evo mag where they tested both the dc5 and ep3 and the ep3 cracks the 1/4 mile quicker but after that the dc5 pulls ahead, and also they corner at almost identical speeds it's just with the lsd it feels more planted therefore it instills more confidence, dont get me wrong the dc5 is a lethal track weapon that i'll probably have next (providing i get a k.prod one) but i wouldn't consider it a step up in peformance, it does handle better due to the lsd but it's not hard to have one fitted to my car

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have a DC5 over my EP3 all day regardles of the sprint times :( .

I do love my bread van though :D .

The ep3 ctr redlines at 8,200 rpm's not 7,800, jermal:smt047

Although you can take the CTR upto 8,200 before it hits the rev limiter, it actually redlines at 7,800 and this is where the peak power output on a standard CTR is. After that, the power curve is on a downward gradient, so you might as well change gear anyway.

Look at the redline on the left of this image of my old CTR

DSC03215.jpg

Although you can take the CTR upto 8,200 before it hits the rev limiter, it actually redlines at 7,800 and this is where the peak power output on a standard CTR is. After that, the power curve is on a downward gradient, so you might as well change gear anyway.

Look at the redline on the left of this image of my old CTR

Although peak power is at 7800rpm it's better to hold on to the limiter if you're driving quickly. If you change up at 7800rpm it'll drop you back in at just under 6000rpm, and the power a CTR makes between 6000 and 6400rpm is considerably less than it makes between 7800rpm and 8200rpm, thus you'll get a net gain by hanging on until just before the limiter.

Also IIRC the DC5's limiter is 8400rpm, 200rpm more than that of the UK EP3. I thought a limiter of 8500rpm was required for 60 in 2nd?

Although peak power is at 7800rpm it's better to hold on to the limiter if you're driving quickly. If you change up at 7800rpm it'll drop you back in at just under 6000rpm, and the power a CTR makes between 6000 and 6400rpm is considerably less than it makes between 7800rpm and 8200rpm, thus you'll get a net gain by hanging on until just before the limiter.

Also IIRC the DC5's limiter is 8400rpm, 200rpm more than that of the UK EP3. I thought a limiter of 8500rpm was required for 60 in 2nd?

8400rpm is where the redline starts however the limiter is more like 8600rpm-8800rpm. It's the same as the argument you've just made for the civic, only better. :)

8400rpm is where the redline starts however the limiter is more like 8600rpm-8800rpm. It's the same as the argument you've just made for the civic, only better. :)

Oops my bad, DC5 limiter is 8500rpm. It'll look higher to the driver though, as the rev counters have a habit of being a tad inaccurate. E.g. I've got a limiter of 8800rpm on my EP3 (which I'm only happy to run because I have Toda Valve Springs), but I'll often see the needle pointing over 9k and I know damn well it's not really revving that high.

Yep the higher the revs the more inaccurate the rev counter becomes :)

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/iharvey/?action=view&current=04022007.flv

Correct as now my ep3 ctr's k.pro'd it goes all the way to 9,00rpm's but in actual fact it's rev'ing to 8,600 as like already said it gets in acurate as does the mph clocks the faster you go, but the rev limiter on a standard ctr is definately 8,200 regardless of the fact that it looses power after 7,800 rpm's (getting technical) now mines k.pro'd i was umder the impression it's making power all the way to the 8,600 now? therefore i always gear up as late as possible.:twisted:

DC5 - 0-60 6.0secs 0-100 14.89secs
EP3 - 0-60 6.57secs 0-100 16.85secs

EP3 BHP/Ton = 166.25Bhp
DC5 BHP/Ton = 185.99Bhp

Back