• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 EP3 Wont start - Think its a key issue?

R3L

Guys in need of some help please.

My EP3 dosent get ran much during the winter so it struggles to start when I start it up the odd time - I usually use a booster pack to do this.

Been doing some work to the rear suspension the last week or so and this had been the first time it was started in a while prior to doing the work - I had to use the booster to start the car and reverse it out the garage and bring it back in so it was straight.

After the work was finished I went to start the car 2 days ago and it would not start no power to the car at all - I then tried boosting it without the key in the ignition if I remember correctly I cant actually be 100% sure and it would not start either - I thought the battery was just flat.

Charged the battery back up to full capacity and fitted tonight - As soon as I connected the negative terminal the alarm was going off so I locked the car with the fob then unlocked it - Alarm issue cured.

Went to start it and it will not start - It turns over fine everything has power but it will just not start - The green key in the dashboard is flashing and not going out and continue to stay on when trying to start.

I tried the spare key and it is not working either.

I have re-programed the fobs and checked all fuses.

Does this mean a call to Honda due to the green flashing key? I would have thought at least the spare key would still work?

Probably needs Honda to reprogram it properly, shouldn't cost that much, around 30 quid my mate paid

Had an auto locksmith out to it yesterday now around 90% sure its an ecu issue and not the keys - Has this been known to happen in past? Got someone else coming to have a look in the next few days who should be able to sort.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks I have also contacted Honda.

I would grudge paying the recovery round to them considering i live about a mile away from a Honda dealer.

Thanks I have also contacted Honda.

I would grudge paying the recovery round to them considering i live about a mile away from a Honda dealer.

Get a friend to tow you in.

Update on this one

Car is at dealers they cant programme keys they suspect the micu unit is bad and are quoting me 600 plus the vat for a new unit

The micu is not the ecu is it? Could I get an micu unit cheaper elsewhere as they are happy for me to supply the part

They are checking the immobiliser today as that may be the issue but will update when I know.

Any help much appreciated.

The MICU (multiplex controller) is inside the fusebox under the steering wheel. You should be able to get one cheap (£20) from a scrapyard or ebay i would have thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back