• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

evo_works' exhaust thread

Japspeed 4-2-1 anygood?

What do you have the cai and bpipe and backbox changed? If so yeah once mapped with manifold and the other bits you will notice a big difference.

Yeah aem Cai, silenced bpipe and spoon rep backbox. Just weighing up 200 manifold, 350 k100 and xyz for fitting and mapping

Japspeed 4-2-1 anygood?

Yeah you will feel a difference i had a similar set up but it was a piper cat back and got 235bhp but midrange will be the biggest improvement you will have fun once done thats for sure lol.

Evo_works, you done any other mods apart from "power mods"?

Reason I asked is because as you know from Cliosport, I was looking into manifolds, inlets even cams, but I first spent my money on Camber Arms, JDM ARB, Camber Bolts, Suspension, Polybushes, lower tie bar and got it all set up with a Fast Road Set up. Then I went for uprated Discs & Pads, braided hoses and 5.1 fluid. After doing this the car has been transformed. I was skeptical about spending so much, especially regarding the FRSU, but honestly, I gaurentee the fact I can handle and stop better, is worth more than the extra power a decatted manifold would have gave me.

As a result, ive stopped at the Catback, Filter and Reflashed ECU. Saved the hassle of running an 'illegal' car, which certainly makes insurance and MOTs easier?

Just a thought

Hi mate. With only having the car a few weeks I've not done a huge amount.

Stop tech pads and pagid discs with new fluid.
Exhaust as you know
Poly bushed gearbox mount
Frsu ish from abp, before I got it.
Jdm rear bar.
Shifter bushes, today. Feels great.
Aem Cai induction kit.

I know what you mean ref stuff on the Clio and looking back chasing figures was a waste of time, these seem better for that. I don't mean chasing figures but you know what I mean. Ref insurance my policy includes pretty much whatever I want to do too it, except charge it, which I'm not going to do. Mot wise, that's not an issue ;). Handling wise it's spot on and stops very well. I got carried away with my last Clio and promised I wouldn't do the same with this. Hence looking at slightly cheaper stuff rather than blowing, I don't know, 600 on exhaust, a million pound on coilovers, an induction kit that's similar to my mortgage payment, the list goes on lol.

Thats all good then, You seem to have a fair amount covered :) I just remember my mate having a ridiculously "powerful" Saxo back in the day. Spent all his money on the ITB'd etc, and it had standard brakes, mismatched tyres etc. Was pointless!

Live and learn mate, we've all been there. I remember my first impreza (import) many moons ago. Decatted it, induction kit, crap fuel, and wondered why it ran rich lol. Went through fuel like there was no tomo lol. Tbh doing trackdays has helped. Looking at some of the cars that have kicked my ass and not had massive amounts spent made me soon realise get the important things done first. Like tyres for a start, I've got Michelin premacys and they are ace.

Oh and I wasn't for a second criticising your spend on cars, look at the past 2 weeks I've had. I've done £1500 easy in 2 weeks lol! Money I wont get back but YOLO and all that.

I know you weren't mate and some of money I've spent on cars is mad tbh. This seems to be the right balance of car for me at the moment. The biggest plus when pushing on is not thinking, 'right this is French, it's going to be expensive when it breakes' it never did tbf.

Japspeed 4-2-1

Hi people just had a 4,2,1 japspeed manifold de-cat fitted and knocking on the bottom engine mount. Has anyone had this problem and Can anyone suggest an easy solution

Thoughts on which backbox to buy?

You may be aware I get bored and allways look to experiment. Anyway currently got a spoon rep and fancy a change. Looking to spend 150-200, any thoughts, recomendations? I've got a sportex silenced bpipe btw. Cheers guys

hi mate, im thinking about putting oem backbox back on mine as i like the look of it, i too get bored. the oem sounds good with the sportex b-pipe.

Thoughts on which backbox to buy?

Get a decent JDM catback system and stop messing around with cheap tat, then you'll be happy.

The end.

jdm exhausts are made by tegiwa and are about £300 if you contact them direct and ask for quote on jdm full system.

Back