• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust - deep or raspy!

Hi all, just wondering what people's preferences are! Do you prefer a deep burbly sound or more of a raspy system?

Depends on the car, if it had a turbo I would want a more deep tone, high revving N/A like the CTR raspy suits it IMO.

I don't like my exhausts loud though so my system is not much more louder than standard when driving normal but when you open her up and hit VTEC it gives a raspy sound which does sound good but not overly loud.

Raspy.

It's a 8800rpm NA 2.L engine after all.

Leave the booms to the 3.0LTT Supra's ;) .

I like a little lower than OEM but agree with suits only the super duper cars should have the big low bassy booming exhausts.

Even deeper exhausts sound raspy at 8k rpm so best of both worlds

Raspy all the way. Spoon, Buddy Club SpecIV and DC Sports all give you the nice rasp as you get up to the changeover point. Best thing about the K20, the noise that goes with them with a good system on it.

I like a proper jap sounding car which I still cant properly describe but to me, what comes very close, is the 350z or Han's veilside RX-7 in Tokyo Drift...they both sound amazing! I agree with the others a burbly deep tone is more for scoobys, etc saying that I've heard some type r's that sound like someone is rattling nails in a tin which IMO sounds awful however each owner has their own preference :)

Got to be a nice rasp for me, if you want a burble by a scooby or a turbo car. My personal opinion anyway

Back