• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust Manifold - Any preference?

Looking to get a new exhaust manifold for my EP3 and see that there are a fair few on the market covering most budgets from Japspeed, Tegiwa, DC Sports, Spoon, Toda etc. Is there any preference with some better that the other or some that should be avoided or are they all pretty much equal?

This will be fitted to my EP3 which has the OEM back box, a supersprint unsilenced mid pipe and ITG Maxogen induction. After the manifold is sorted the car with have a K100 remap. I will also be using the car for trackdays.

I had a Japspeed 4-2-1 Mani, coped really well with my Charger. Toda copy IIRC. Good for the price.

If you want it to last then get something reputable, that being said flexi pipes on Toda headers tend to go, I believe the DC Sports is a good option and fairly cheap.

The Toda is regarded as the best but is pricey at around 1K new. Japspeed, Tegiwa and DC Sports are all good cheaper options and used by other forum members without issue and producing good gains. Solid Fabrications also have one available that looks good but I've not heard of anyone running one yet.

I'm using japspeed aswell i nearly went for piper one after hearing good things but the japspeed one has been fine.

I'm running the solid fab one, IMO it's better as it has a 3" collector after the flexi Rather than the 2.5".then also joins on to 3" straight through. Not to noisy either!

I'm running the solid fab one, IMO it's better as it has a 3" collector after the flexi Rather than the 2.5".then also joins on to 3" straight through. Not to noisy either!

Have you got one of his exhausts too? I'm really tempted to get one as part of the group buy running over on CTRO but worried about the noise levels on track days.

It will definatly pass track day noise limits, which is why I brought this system mate. Can't tell you what the db ate though but definatly not above 95 at 4000rpm

Thanks for the replies everyone. DC Sports seems rather popular on the forums as does the Japspeed.

Matto, do you know how much the Solid Fabrications one costs? I had a look at their website but could not see any prices.

The solid fabs one is £550. Quite tempted by one myself along with his exhaust.

The Toda that dotty has posted above though is a steal at that price.

Thanks Dotty.

Colin,

Yeah, I don't have the funds yet but would be really interested in how you get on with the exhaust. Will you get the whole system or keep the OEM backbox?

I run KidRacing manifold from the U.S of A, great throttle response 4-2-2-1 excellent gas flow, brutal sound with Hks 409 exhaust, love it!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359442415.941514.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1359443494.784708.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1359443598.215452.jpg and no need to replace front ARB.

It will definatly pass track day noise limits, which is why I brought this system mate. Can't tell you what the db ate though but definatly not above 95 at 4000rpm

Thanks Matto. Just seen you're graph, good results.

Thanks Dotty.

Colin,

Yeah, I don't have the funds yet but would be really interested in how you get on with the exhaust. Will you get the whole system or keep the OEM backbox?

Hi Linus, yeah I am thinking about the whole system, manifold and 3" catback. Alan has a few options available on how you want the back box to look and does a bigger version to make it track day friendly. He is currently running a group buy on it for £450 delivered.

Hi, I'm interested but only need a 3 inch cat back complete B pipe minus manifold and back box, how much would this be?And where abouts is this place as I'm in west London? Ta

Thanks Matto. Just seen you're graph, good results.

Hi Linus, yeah I am thinking about the whole system, manifold and 3" catback. Alan has a few options available on how you want the back box to look and does a bigger version to make it track day friendly. He is currently running a group buy on it for £450 delivered.

Hi Colin, manifold, mid pipe and back box all for £450?? Thats very good.

Back