• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust Manifold - Any preference?

If you run a manifold without proper engine management the only thing you're doing is reducing the life of your engine and probably losing power.

I've got K-pro Ecu and will be fitting it and getting it mapped soon, I've run the car like this for a while and never had a problem with it tbh, can't remember compression readings i done last time but it was fine so were the spark plugs, no signs of detonation and exactly the same colours ect,ect!

I've got K-pro Ecu and will be fitting it and getting it mapped soon, I've run the car like this for a while and never had a problem with it tbh, can't remember compression readings i done last time but it was fine so were the spark plugs, no signs of detonation and exactly the same colours ect,ect!

Ah everything will be fine then. As long as your spark plugs are OK.

I will forget all the advice top tuners have ever mentioned.

Thanks for the heads up Dotty,I know I should map ASAP ideally to reliably get the most out of it and a remap is the way to go as I plan to get It supercharged!

What does that actual do? Bare with me B series back ground...

If you run a manifold without proper engine management the only thing you're doing is reducing the life of your engine and probably losing power.

Tit for tat really been running Hondas for years and motorbikes with out remaps. (All made more power on dynos and AFR where ok). Agreed it is the safest way and best way to get power out. I did my 9 properly and had a fully built hi compression engine essential to map and even to use same brand of high octane fuel.

Our EP3 not so worried about it was cheap, is our daily and I am just having some fun with it.

What does that actual do? Bare with me B series back ground...

Tit for tat really been running Hondas for years and motorbikes with out remaps. (All made more power on dynos and AFR where ok). Agreed it is the safest way and best way to get power out. I did my 9 properly and had a fully built hi compression engine essential to map and even to use same brand of high octane fuel.

Our EP3 not so worried about it was cheap, is our daily and I am just having some fun with it.

I've never ever had any problems personally and makes more power, I've driven very hard and I've driven it kindly and still going strong no sign of weakness. I think some tuners want to make some money out of it no offence to anyone!
And this by far has not been my only Honda! Some tuners used to sell a box that used to be wired to the O2 sensor or ecu to fool the ECU into thinking the cat was still on the car and to stop it from going in to limp mode!!!

You plug the O2 sensor into adaptor then exhaust and it fools it as it reduces the speed of gas flow and fools ecu as if the cat was never removed and EML won't come on! Job done!! I will be taking another compression check when i get some free time just to make sure engine is fine and will post figures on here!!

Post up a plot of your AFR on WOT from 2-8k rpm while you are at it. ;)

Is it ok to run a manifold with a K100 remap? Is it just if you don't go for a remap that you could be running into engine troubles long term?

The k20 is a highly strung beast. The ECU can deal with minor changes (air filter and catback) but when you start changing header along with the above then you're asking a lot of the car and a bespoke map is recommended.

People will take short cuts, it's natural but you're best getting the car mapped if you're getting a header on there.

Hoard the parts then get them fitted in a oner. One time tune and run the car safely.

Ideally an exhaust manifold should be fitted in conjunction with mapping to suit so there are no rich or lean spots in the rev range.

A compression check will not tell you if it's running rich or lean. Nor will the spark plugs after only a few miles.

02 simulators and lambda spacers are a false economy too.

Just get the bloody thing mapped.

Back