• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Exhaust Tail Pipe

Danger200

Good afternoon TRO

I havent long fitted a Piper Cat back to my car. When fitting my mate used some sort of sealant creamy looking stuff when he put it all together. Some of this stuff got onto my tail pipe, I never wiped it off but it has now caused a bit of surface rust and I cant seem to budge it. I was thinking about Autosol but there are two types and I cant figure out which one I need.

The tail pipe is stainless and has a chrome look to it rather than a brushed look, whenever I have looked at threads where people have used autosol, it looks like it has left a load of scratches (like a brushed effect) which I dont want. Would I need chrome polish or chrome cleaner? I would like it to have some form of protection aswell.

Any help would be great cheers :cool:

i use some brasso stuff i found in my old dear's cupboard. Works a treat on my magnex.

Cheer people.
My mum was going to Tesco so I asked her to get me some and she bought me some silver polish made by brasso instead :lol:

Back